Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Cost assessment of environmental degradation in the Middle East and North Africa region – selected issues
- B. Larsen / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- This paper estimates the cost of inadequate potable water, sanitation and hygiene, outdoor air pollution, and cropland degradation in 16 countries of the Arab League. The paper pointes that the 16 countries under study represent great...
- Income level and environmental quality in the MENA countries: discussing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
- H. M'henni; M.E.H. Arouri; A.B. Youssef / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The relationship between environmental quality and economic growth is puzzling. This paper illustrates that according to the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis, as income increases, emissions increase as well until some thre...
- Climate change policy in the MENA region: prospects, challenges, and the implication of market instruments
- M.H. Babiker; M.A. Fehaid / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Given its harsh climate and fragile ecosystems, the MENA region is vulnerable to the physical impacts of climate change; yet, given its high dependency on hydrocarbon resources, the region is also vulnerable to the impacts of climate ...
- Firm level data in the ERF region: research questions, data requirements and possibilities
- I. Atiyas / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- This paper presents an overview of research that is done on the basis of firm-level data, to provide some thoughts on what sort of research questions would be fruitful for the ERF region (Arab countries, Iran and Turkey) to address. ...
- The impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in Egypt and some Arab and emerging countries
- M. Badran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Telecommunications networks play a vital role in today’s economies. This study aims at examining the impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in in 22 emerging and Arab countries during the period (1998-2008). ...
- Sustainable development and environmental challenges in the MENA region: accounting for the environment in the 21st century
- S.L. Sakmar; M. Wackernagel; A. Galli / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Although many of MENA’s economic challenges have been widely analysed, environmental challenges are rarely taken into consideration in the process of formulating economic policies in the region. This paper addresses the major ga...
- Trade liberalization and the skill composition of migrant flows: the case of morocco
- F. Karam / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Several recent studies have investigated the relation between trade liberalisation and emigration in Morocco, without looking at the impact of trade liberalisation on skilled and unskilled migration. This paper investigates the effect...
- Confidence, capacity, connections: a young woman's guide to leadership
- G Borovsky; S Cherrabi El Alaoui; M Doherty / National Democratic Institute, 2010
- Civic and political engagement can be a daunting challenge, particularly for young women. This guide is designed for a wide range of young women, be they a member of an established organisation or association, an aspiring politician, ...
- Regulating industry emissions: assessing the Moroccan cement experiences
- D. Maradan; K. Zein / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- In the MENA region, the cement industry grew rapidly during the last decades; however, while producing the main building material in the world, the cement industry is also one of the most significant industrial polluters. This paper a...
- Corporate governance, investor protection, and firm performance in MENA countries
- I. Hasan; N. Kobeissi; L. Song / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- As the MENA region is trying to improve its corporate governance, analysing the impact of certain practices is of great importance. This paper examines the relationship between firm level governance, country level governance and firm ...
- Group of Research on Economics and Finance, Faculty of Juridical, Economic and Social Sciences, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco (GREF)
- GREF is composed of researchers from Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, who research economic and financial issues in Morocco. The group is currently working on a variety of research projects in partnership with international and national organisations. Research areas include: the impact of the European Union trade and investment policies on poverty in Morocco structural reforms in Morocc...
- Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco (AUI)
- Teaching and research university in Morocco
- Maroc 2020, Morocco
- Free market civil society think tank
- Faculté des Sciences Juridiques Economiques et Sociales, University Mohamed V, Morroco
- Morrocan Law, Economics and Politics University Department
- Institut National de Statistique et d'Economie Appliquée, Morocco (INSEA)
- Government organisation for training and research in statistics and applied economics