Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Equality Path: planning and budgeting with a gender lens
- UN Women, 2012
- An increasing number of countries are introducing measures in their planning and budgeting processes to address more effectively the persisting inequalities between women and men and boys and girls in all sectors. This video features ...
- Gender Responsive Budgeting and Aid Effectiveness Knowledge Briefs
- United Nations Development Fund for Women, 2010
- This series investigated how gender responsive budgeting (GRB) tools and strategies had been used in the context of aid modalities, such as general budget support (GBS) and sector budget support (SBS). Research was carried out in ten ...
- Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda reports
- D. Budlender / UN Women, 2009
- These research reports (one composite report and ten country reports) have been generated as part of the UNIFEM programme, 'Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda'. The three-year programme...
- P for plunder: Morocco's exports of phosphates from occupied Western Sahara, 2012 & 2013
- All life on the planet, and so all agricultural production, depends on phosphorus, P. That element is found in phosphate rock and turned into fertilizers. For the people of Western Sahara, their P does not grow into benefits. Rather t...
- Cost and impact of policies to remove fees for obstetric care in Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Morocco
- S Witter / FEMHealth, 2014
- User fee exemption for delivery and emergency obstetric care (EmONC) has been introduced by several African countries with the aim of improving access to care and thus improving maternal and neonatal outcomes. However, the current evi...
- Combining satellite data and models to assess vulnerability to climate change and its impact on food security in Morocco
- S. Rochdane; L. Bounoua; P. Zhang / Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, 2014
- This journal article analyses satellite and socioeconomic data to explore the relationship between food and wood demand and supply, expressed in terms of net primary production (NPP), in Morocco. A vulnerability index is defined as th...
- A review of climate change scenarios and preliminary rainfall trend analysis in the Oum Er Rbia Basin, Morocco.
- A. Chaponniere; V. Smakhtin / International Water Management Institute, 2006
- The paper reviews the existing tools methods and general literature which deal with the construction of climate change (CC) scenarios and with the assessment of impacts of these scenarios on water resources. It further examines the ex...
- Interregional challenges of Islamic extremist movements in North Africa
- M. Abdalla (ed) / Institute for Security Studies, 2011
- For a long time the region of North Africa enjoyed what seemed like political stability. The reality behind this false image has been unveiled lately by the events that have taken place in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. A closer look at th...
- The experience of South African firms doing business in Africa: a preliminary survey and analysis
- D. Games / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2007
- A key challenge for Africa in the 21st century is to develop an enabling business environment. This report, which forms part of the broader project, is a preliminary study of the experience of a range of South African comp...
- It belongs to you: public information in the Middle East and North Africa
- Transparency International, 2013
- Access to public information remains limited across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). While the countries and territories assessed in this project report (Egypt, Morocco, Palestine and Yemen) have committed themselves in intern...
- Group of Research on Economics and Finance, Faculty of Juridical, Economic and Social Sciences, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco (GREF)
- GREF is composed of researchers from Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, who research economic and financial issues in Morocco. The group is currently working on a variety of research projects in partnership with international and national organisations. Research areas include: the impact of the European Union trade and investment policies on poverty in Morocco structural reforms in Morocc...
- Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco (AUI)
- Teaching and research university in Morocco
- Maroc 2020, Morocco
- Free market civil society think tank
- Faculté des Sciences Juridiques Economiques et Sociales, University Mohamed V, Morroco
- Morrocan Law, Economics and Politics University Department
- Institut National de Statistique et d'Economie Appliquée, Morocco (INSEA)
- Government organisation for training and research in statistics and applied economics