Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Trade liberalization and the skill composition of migrant flows: the case of morocco
- F. Karam / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Several recent studies have investigated the relation between trade liberalisation and emigration in Morocco, without looking at the impact of trade liberalisation on skilled and unskilled migration. This paper investigates the effect...
- Confidence, capacity, connections: a young woman's guide to leadership
- G Borovsky; S Cherrabi El Alaoui; M Doherty / National Democratic Institute, 2010
- Civic and political engagement can be a daunting challenge, particularly for young women. This guide is designed for a wide range of young women, be they a member of an established organisation or association, an aspiring politician, ...
- Regulating industry emissions: assessing the Moroccan cement experiences
- D. Maradan; K. Zein / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- In the MENA region, the cement industry grew rapidly during the last decades; however, while producing the main building material in the world, the cement industry is also one of the most significant industrial polluters. This paper a...
- Corporate governance, investor protection, and firm performance in MENA countries
- I. Hasan; N. Kobeissi; L. Song / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- As the MENA region is trying to improve its corporate governance, analysing the impact of certain practices is of great importance. This paper examines the relationship between firm level governance, country level governance and firm ...
- Testing for “contagion” of the subprime crisis on the Middle East and North African stock markets: a Markov switching Egarch approach
- W. Khallouli; R. Sandretto / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The liberalisation of inward capital movements has been pursued in most of MENA countries, together with a gradual relaxation of controls on outward capital flows; however, there is no unanimous view about the consequences of this fin...
- A unified framework to decomposing inequality with illustrations to some Arab countries
- S. Bibi; A. El-Lahga / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Decomposing inequality is important for understanding what has happened to welfare disparity and for designing effective redistributive policies. This paper demonstrates that decomposition by population group has been the leading appr...
- Autocracies, democratization and development in the Arab region
- S. Makdisi / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- This paper focuses on the relationship between economic, political and historical factors in current Arab countries. The paper indicates that in the post second world war period, Arab political institutions generally have not been ope...
- Creating incentives for more effective wastewater reuse in the Middle East and North Africa
- M. Jeuland / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Systematic water recycling remains rare in many arid and semi-arid countries, for example in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This paper argues that much of the relative failure to make greater use of reclaimed wastewater in M...
- Inflation forecast-based rule for inflation targeting: case of some selected MENA countries
- H.B.H. Boubaker / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Inflation targeting is an attractive monetary policy strategy because it could reduce inflation and improve central banks’ credibility. This paper considers to what extent some selected MENA countries can adopt inflation targeti...
- The price effect of tariff liberalization in Morocco: measuring the impact on household welfare
- M. Cherkaoui; A. Khellaf; A. Nihou / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- This study analyses the distributive effects of tariff liberalisation in Morocco. The paper clarifies that this impact which goes through the impact of trade policies on goods prices and factor prices depends on a set of household cha...
- Group of Research on Economics and Finance, Faculty of Juridical, Economic and Social Sciences, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco (GREF)
- GREF is composed of researchers from Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, who research economic and financial issues in Morocco. The group is currently working on a variety of research projects in partnership with international and national organisations. Research areas include: the impact of the European Union trade and investment policies on poverty in Morocco structural reforms in Morocc...
- Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco (AUI)
- Teaching and research university in Morocco
- Maroc 2020, Morocco
- Free market civil society think tank
- Faculté des Sciences Juridiques Economiques et Sociales, University Mohamed V, Morroco
- Morrocan Law, Economics and Politics University Department
- Institut National de Statistique et d'Economie Appliquée, Morocco (INSEA)
- Government organisation for training and research in statistics and applied economics