Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Policy reform for sustainable energy in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Organization of the American States, 2004
- This article describes the potential of sustainable energy technologies including renewables and energy efficiency to significantly reduce fossil fuel use for electricity production in Latin America and the Caribbean. It highli...
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the, 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- Enabling civil society in Saint Lucia to adapt to the impacts of climate change
- Caribbean Natural Resources Institute, 2015
- The government in Saint Lucia is taking action through the development of policies as well as targeted investment and interventions to facilitate climate change adaptation action. However civil society organisations are not in ...
- Report on the KAP survey of six participating member states
- US Agency for International Development, 2013
- The KAP on climate change was conducted to assess the knowledge of, attitudes to, and practices of the population of the OECS - Anti...
- An assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in the Caribbean
- R. Martin / CEPAL - ECLAC Database, 2013
- The 2013 report assesses the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitt...
- Second national communication on climate change for Saint Lucia
- The main components of this Second National Communication are integrated vulnerability and adaptation assessments; identification of national circumstances that affect the assessments; conduct of green house inventory; mitigation exer...
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas, 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The repo...
- Enhancing the climate risk and adaptation fact base for the Caribbean ... preliminary results of the ECA study
- Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility, 2010
- The impacts of climate change in the form of phenomena such as sea level rise and intensified natural disasters weigh heavily on the developing economies of the Caribbean. The key to reducing the scope and severity of losses lies in p...
- Food insecurity in Jamaica and St Lucia - is it a matter of unhealthy dietary patterns?
- P. Karfakis; C.R. Løvendal; K.T. Jakobsen / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2011
- The food systems and the nature of food security problems in the Caribbean countries are gradually changing. This paper explores two different aspects of food security, namely undernourishment and overweight in the two Caribbean Islan...
- The impact of climate change on design windspeeds in St. Lucia
- P. J. Vickery / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2008
- The objective of this study is to develop a methodology to estimate the change in the wind speeds used for the design of structures in Saint Lucia associated with a potential increase in hurricane intensity and frequency brought about...