Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Second national communication on climate change for Saint Lucia
- The main components of this Second National Communication are integrated vulnerability and adaptation assessments; identification of national circumstances that affect the assessments; conduct of green house inventory; mitigation exer...
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas, 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The repo...
- Enhancing the climate risk and adaptation fact base for the Caribbean ... preliminary results of the ECA study
- Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility, 2010
- The impacts of climate change in the form of phenomena such as sea level rise and intensified natural disasters weigh heavily on the developing economies of the Caribbean. The key to reducing the scope and severity of losses lies in p...
- Food insecurity in Jamaica and St Lucia - is it a matter of unhealthy dietary patterns?
- P. Karfakis; C.R. Løvendal; K.T. Jakobsen / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2011
- The food systems and the nature of food security problems in the Caribbean countries are gradually changing. This paper explores two different aspects of food security, namely undernourishment and overweight in the two Caribbean Islan...
- The impact of climate change on design windspeeds in St. Lucia
- P. J. Vickery / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2008
- The objective of this study is to develop a methodology to estimate the change in the wind speeds used for the design of structures in Saint Lucia associated with a potential increase in hurricane intensity and frequency brought about...
- St. Lucia's initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- B. Tulsie / UNFCCC National Adaptation Programme of Action, 2001
- This first national communication contains an overview of St. Lucia. This national communication is in fulfilment of the St. Lucia' obligation to submit such a report under the agreement signed with the UNFCCC. The information include...
- UNDP climate change country profile: St. Lucia
- C. McSweeny / United Nations Development Programme, 2008
- A profile of the nation of St. Lucia compiled for the UNDP. The article discusses St. Lucia's vulnerability to the El Nino and La Nina phenomena in the face of recent and predicted climate change patterns. Data for current trends and ...
- Engineering guidelines for incorporating climate change into the determination of wind forces on buildings and other structures
- T. Gibbs 2008
- Climate change is expected to increase both the frequency as well as the intensity of hurricanes and other tropical cyclones in the Caribbean and north Atlantic. This report represents a preliminary attempt at formulating a comprehens...
- Assessing the impacts of climate change on community-based sustainable use of forest resources in the Caribbean
- Caribbean Natural Resources Institute, 2010
- The study identifies forest-based livelihood activities in communities, actual and projected climate change impacts on these activities, and possible interventions to increase the communities resilience to climate change. Among ...
- Climate change and the macroeconomy in the Caribbean basin: analysis and projections to 2099
- United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2010
- In this study, an attempt is made to assess the economic impact of climate change on nine countries in the Caribbean basin: Aruba, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Saint Lucia and Trinid...