Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Study examining linkages between climate change adaptation and food security stakeholders in the west African sub-region
- A. E. Agwu; C. L. Egbule; F. O. Amadu / African Journals Online - AJOL, 2012
- Published in the Journal of Agricultural Extensions, this paper outlines a study examining the linkages among actors in climate change and food security innovation systems in the west African sub-region. The study involved questionnaires, s...
- Citizens, media and good governance: guidelines for journalists
- N. Dramat 2011
- Produced as part of the Mwananchi Programme, which seeks to strengthen ordinary citizens voices, and improve state accountability and responsiveness to citizens' interests in Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda and Zambia, this gu...
- Considering governance in post-conflict Sierra Leone
- J.B.M. Vincent / Wiley Online Library, 2013
- Sierra Leone is one of a number of states that underwent a period of civil war and collapse after the end of the Cold War. This article offers a bottom-up review of the post-war reconstruction of the Sierra Leone state. The paper points th...
- 2012 Global Hunger Index. The challenge of hunger: Ensuring sustainable food security under land, water, and energy stresses
- K. von Grebmer 2012
- The 2012 GHI report focuses particularly on the issue of how to ensure sustainable food security under conditions of water, land, and energy stress. Demographic changes, rising incomes and associated consumption patterns, and climate change...
- MSI Mobile Outreach Services Retrospective evaluations from Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam.
- E. Gillian / Marie Stopes International, 2010
- A service evaluation was conducted across five MSI mobile outreach programmes (Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam). The study provides information to programmes on whether MSI mobile outreach services provide consistentl...
- A methodology examining 14 African National Agriculture and Food Security Investment Plans
- G. Branca (ed); T. Tennigkeit (ed); W. Mann (ed) / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2011
- It is clear that, in the face of climate change, the agriculture sector in Africa is being called on to increase food production to meet the food demand for a growing population. A number of countries have prepared National Agriculture and ...
- Accelerating Microfinance impact with ICT: Learning from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Sierra Leone
- E. Blantz 2010
- many MFIs are beginning to show signs of significant strain, with low management capacity, lack of widely accepted standards, rapid growth pressure and global recession all taking a toll. As problems have mounted, some now warn that growth ...
- Recognising Rights, Promoting Progress: The global impact of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
- Ann Warner / International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2010
- This report sets out some examples of the impact CEDAW has had around the world, focusing on case studies where CEDAW’s ratification and implementation has led to concrete changes in the opportunities afforded to women and girls. The ...
- Women’s Leadership and Participation: Case Studies on Learning for Action
- J Hoare (ed); F Gell (ed) / Oxfam, 2009
- What are the barriers to women’s leadership and participation and how could they be encouraged to take up leadership positions? Once they are leading, what support do women need to carry out their roles effectively and for progressive...
- Using 'Managing for Development Results' concepts in Africa
- African Community of Practice, 2010
- Strong and effective institutions are fundamental to achieving sustainable development outcomes in Africa. Effort to achieve ownership, a key aspect of every development intervention, is often lacking in African contexts. This publica...