Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Working Group Report Climate Change Impacts on Coastal and Marine Biodiversity in the Insular Caribbean - Report of Working Group II, Climate Change and Biodiversity in the Insular Caribbean
- G. Cambers; R. Claro; R. Juman; S. Scott / Caribbean Natural Resources Institute, 2008
- This report is based on a desk study of published and unpublished literature relating to climate change and its impact on coastal and marine biodiversity in the insular Caribbean. The authors identify several constraints a...
- ‘¿Como te haces entender?’Gender and Gun Culture in Caribbean Context
- United Nations International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women, 2010
- Although Latin America and the Caribbean have not seen interstate conflict for decades, the countries in the region cannot be said to be at peace given the high levels of gun violence. In spite of the magnitude of the problem, there i...
- Developing financeable NAMAs: a practitioner’s guide
- D. Sawyer / International Institute for Sustainable Development, 2013
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition to low carbon, climate resilient futures. Developing countries, their development partne...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices, 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes...
- Climate change economics on a small island: new approaches for Tobago
- International Institute for Environment and Development, 2011
- For small islands like Tobago that depend heavily on tourism driven by their natural beauty climate change poses a double-edged threat on supply and demand. Rising sea levels, increasing temperatures and more...
- UNDP climate change country profile: Trinidad and Tobago
- C. McSweeny / United Nations Development Programme, 2008
- A profile of the nation of Trinidad and Tobago compiled for the UNDP. It includes an overview of the island's present climate and how it is anticipated to alter in the face of climate change. The article goes on to discuss Trinidad's ...
- Review of health effects of climate variability and climate change in the Caribbean
- M. Taylor / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2009
- One of the areas in which climate change is strongly anticipated to have a potential impact in the coming years is the spread of communicable and vector-borne diseases. This study examines the incidence of dengue in Trinidad and Tobag...
- Coral reef monitoring for the OECS and Tobago Year 2: status of the coral
- M. Creary / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2009
- The objective of the Coral Reef Monitoring for the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) and Tobago project was to strengthen the coral reef monitoring network in the region and to conduct an assessment of the coral reefs in...
- Coral reef monitoring for the organisation of eastern Caribbean states and Tobago: status of the coral reef
- M. Creary / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2008
- The islands of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) and Tobago face many similar problems related to climate change, including damage to coral reefs.The data in this report represents the first in a series of monitoring...
- The Republic of Trinidad & Tobago's initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- This is the initial communication report of the national communication prepared by the government of Trinidad & Tobago for the UNFCCC. The text of the article includes a basic background of Trinidad and Tobago including data on ge...