Climate finance: proposals on governance
Key conclusions include:
- There is an emerging consensus on the governance of a Green Fund, the administration of which could be entrusted to an existing international financial institution.
- Public finance should leverage private finance flows for the private sector to invest in carbon markets in developing countries.
- There is a need for a reform in the carbon market with improved, large-scaled mechanisms.
- Emphasis must be placed on ensuring co-ordination and co-operation between financing mechanisms
- Ensuring adaptation in the poorest, least developed and vulnerable countries, including small island states is a priority.