Private sector finance and climate change adaptation: how can voluntary private finance support adaptation in developing countries?
In addition, it discusses which adaptation activities are likely to attract equity or debt investors.
- the private sector is already an important source of climate finance
- there is an emerging market for raising new finance from the private sector for adaptation
- there are various ways in which the private sector can support adaptation
- voluntary private finance for adaptation is not new and additional
- private finance will not be distributed evenly