Human Development Report 1994
It proposes that the World Summit for Social Development approve a world social charter, endorse a sustainable human development paradigm, create a global human security fund by capturing the future peace dividend, approve a 20:20 compact for human priority concerns, recommend global taxes for resource mobilization and establish an Economic Security Council.
Increasing human security entails:
- Investing in human development, not in arms
- Engaging policy makers to address the emerging peace dividend
- Giving the United Nations a clear mandate to promote and sustain development
- Enlarging the concept of development cooperation so that it includes all flows, not just aid
- Agreeing that 20 percent of national budgets and 20 percent of foreign aid be used for human development
- Establishing an Economic Security Council.