HealthNet TPO is looking for a Capacity Building Consult to support the Kabul Mental Health (KMH) Hospital.
HealthNet builds healthy communities with people at the bottom end of globalisation. Our mission is to implement welfare and health initiatives that lead to social inclusion and improved health and wellbeing.
HealthNet is currently implementing a capacity building project in the KMH Hospital. This hospital is the only tertiary hospital in the country, providing specialized services in mental healthcare since 1986. Mental health problems significantly impair a person’s ability to function and negatively affect basic daily living, relationship, work and overall quality of life. The hospital aims to provide a responsive, high quality mental healthcare with ultimate goal to help an individual to be an active member of society. The KMH hospital has 100 beds where sixty beds are used for mentally ill patients and forty beds for the drug addicts’ rehabilitation. The hospital has a work force of 130 staff, which comprises eight trainer psychiatrists (7 male, 1 female), fifteen trainees doctors, nineteen nurses, thirteen psychologists, five social workers and two occupational therapists. The project started in July 2016 and will end June 30, 2018.
The Capacity Building Consultant is responsible for planning and execution of training activities and development of guidelines, pathways & SOPs for the improvement of MH services in KMH hospital. He/she also provides support for capacity building activities related to Basic Package of Health Service (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS). The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, Facilitate and manage capacity building activities for the Kabul Mental Health hospital and BPHS/EPHS staff
- Provide technical support and on the job training to KMH Hospital project staff and EPHS staff
- Coordinate training related issues with local stakeholders and training institutes outside of the Afghanistan.
- Conduct training need assessment of the KMH Hospital staff, develop and coordinate training plans inside and outside of the country, contribute in curricula development
- Coordinate the capacity building issues of the hospital with recognized training institution inside and out of the country, link the hospital with other training institution for capacity building activities
- Review hospital policies, procedures, structures and objectives and provide substantive feedback, guidance aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of hospital nursing care and nursing department skills.
- Lead developing and reviewing hospital procedures, guideline and pathways required as per project objectives and on request of project leadership and KMH Hospital management in line with the project proposal.
- Identify gap and provide training, supportive supervision and on job training on challenges that arise during the implementation of the program, providing supportive feedback and coaching to all hospital staff and supervisors with staff supervision, assist in appraisal, job descriptions, and check lists.
- Coordinate/facilitate solutions for issues that arise concerning the proposed in-service trainings and professional development of KMH Hospital staff
- Provide technical guidance for the development of related program opportunities as requested Country and project management.
- Provide monthly and quarterly progressive training report to project manager
- Accompany KMH Hospital and Project staffs to technical related meeting at hospital and Ministry of Public Health (MoPH)
You have/ are:
- Master degree in clinical psychology or other related relevant field to psychology
- Certified psycho therapist
- More than ten years of experience in the field of human resource development in health related projects
- Experience in curricula drafting, training, supervision , and policy and strategy formulation
- Experience in training management and facilitation
- Extensive working Experience with INGO, civil society and donors
- Is familiar with the health system in Afghanistan and has been active within the country before
- (Contributed to) publications in peer review journals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- An opportunity to use your expertise and contribute to our mission to improve the health and well-being of people living in fragile states.
- Full time position with a duty station in Kabul , Afghanistan
- Starting as soon as possible and ending at the end of the project, June 30, 2018.
More information?To apply, please send your CV and application letter (including your motivation) to: email@example.com by, January 17, 2017. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: CBTA
For specific questions about this position, please contact our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-6200005.
For more information about HealthNetTPO, please visit www.healthnettpo.org