Low carbon energy
Image credit: NTU - Brackenhurst
- Renewable energy sources and climate change mitigation
- O. Edenhofer (ed); R. Pichs Madruga (ed); Y. Sokona (ed) / Cambridge University 2012
- This extensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) provides an assessment and analysis of renewable technologies and their potential role in mitigating climate change. The report aims to provide a definiti...
- Poor people’s energy outlook 2010
- S. Hunt (ed); A. Scott (ed); L. Bates (ed) / Practical Action [Intermediate Technology Development Group] 2010
- Many people in the world still lack access to electricity and rely on traditional biomass and coal for cooking. According to this report, energy poverty is critically undermining the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MD...
- Hybrid mini-grids for rural electrification: lessons learned
- S. Rolland; C. Guerrero / USA Agency for International Development 2011
- There are currently around 1.5 billion people in the world without access to electricity. This report summarises lessons learned from hybrid mini-grid projects implemented by members of the Alliance for Rural Development (ARE) and pro...
- Household cookstoves, environment, health, and climate change: a new look at an old problem
- S. Akbar (ed); D. Barnes (ed); A. Eil (ed) / World Bank 2011
- In many developing countries, the poor are still using biomass energy to meet their household cooking needs. This report examines the lessons learned from cookstove campaigns, policies and programmes and the potential of advanced biom...