What is resilience?
Resilience has become a commonly used narrative in a range of international development contexts. This foundational resource presents bite-size chunks of information and signposts to other material with a focus on disaster resilience, while also addressing climate and infrastructure resilience. It will help to answer the following questions:
- how has resilience been defined and conceptualised by DFID and other organisations?
- what is the history of the concept of resilience and why has it gained prominence?
- what are the scales and dimensions of resilience?
- how does resilience relate to risk and adaptation? What is risk layering?
- what does resilience programming look like?