- Gender, Age and Migration: An extended briefing
- J. Birchall / BRIDGE 2016
- In many parts of the world, migration has replaced fertility and mortality as the leading agent of demographic change. A persons gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, sexuality and health or disability shape every stage of the...
- Women and girls failed: the Burundian refugee response in Tanzania
- Refugees International 2015
- Since April 2015, political instability and violence has rocked Burundi, forcing an estimated 220,000 people to flee to neighbouring countries. Approximately half of these refugees are women, and around half of the many women who repo...
- Women on the run: first-hand accounts of refugees fleeing El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees 2015
- The refugee crisis currently playing out around the world is almost unprecedented in living memory. Not since World War II have so many people been forcibly displaced. While conflict in Syria and the resulting flows of people seeking ...
- Empowered and safe: economic strengthening for girls in emergencies
- C. Caton; J. Chaffin; M. Marsh / Women's Refugee Commission 2014
- Even in times of peace and stability, adolescent girls are among the most vulnerable members of society in low-income countries. In times of emergency, this vulnerability is multiplied, with girls facing various rights violations, inc...
- Global report on trafficking in persons 2014
- K. Kangaspunta; F. Sarrica; R. Johansen / United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime 2014
- Human trafficking, the forced movement and exploitation of persons, is the basest of crimes and yet remains prevalent in every region of the globe, while offenders too often escape prosecution. That is the perspective of this rep...