Editor's pick: good places to start
- MADRE is an international women's human rights organization that works in partnership with women's community-based groups in conflict areas worldwide. Programs address issues of armed conflict and forced displacement; women's health and reproductive rights; economic justice and community development; Indigenous Peoples' rights and resources, food security and sustainable development; human r...
- Gender Equality and the MDGs
- This site is a collaborative effort of the UN Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality, the OECD/DAC Network on Gender Equality, and the Multilateral Development Bank Working Group on Gender. The website provides critical commentary on the gender dimensions of the Millennium Development Goals. The website stresses that while Goal 3 - a commitment to gender equality and women's empow...
- International Gender and Trade Network (IGTN)
- The IGTN is an international network of gender advocates actively working to promote equitable, social, and sustainable trade. The Network utilises research, advocacy and economic literacy to address the specific trade issues of the seven regions: Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America, and Pacific.
- Gender Links, Johannesburg (GL)
- GL's primary area of focus is the transformation of gender relations in and through the media. It conducts research, develops training materials, and helps gender activists and women in decision making build capacity in media and communication skills. WWW includes publications, training information and materials, advisory services, links to its formal networks in Botswana, Lesotho,...
- WOMANKIND Worldwide is a UK-based charity dedicated to women's development and women's human rights globally. Womankind work with local groups to find their own solutions, assisting them in their efforts to find a path that leads away from discrimination to equality. At present, Womankind works with over sixty partners in fifteen countries. The web-site provides acces...
- Run by the BRIDGE (see separate entry) team at the Institute of Development Studies in the UK, Siyanda aims to support development practitioners by providing an ever-growing resource of gender-mainstreaming materials. Broad objectives include: facilitating a culture of sharing resources and information and supporting partnership working...
- Gender Forum
- Gender Forum is a new electronic journal dedicated to the discussion of women's and gender studies. Users also have access to the online discussion forum and a series of useful links
- WomenWatch, UN
- WWW site providing a gateway to UN information covering the advancement and empowerment of women. Joint initiative of United Nations Division for the Advancement of Women (DAW), United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) and United Nations International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women (INSTRAW). WWW site includes links to UN departments and proj... The value META cannot be converted to a number.