Gender mainstreaming websites
Gender mainstreaming websites
- Gender Mainstreaming Programme in Asia
- The IFAD-UNIFEM Gender Mainstreaming Programme in Asia aims to address gender inequalities and the vulnerability of women in rural development projects through collaborating with regional networks of experts, policy makers, institutions, and active civil society organizations. This programme has the following objectives: to strengthen the capacity of IFAD and its partn...
- Gender Equality and the MDGs
- This site is a collaborative effort of the UN Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality, the OECD/DAC Network on Gender Equality, and the Multilateral Development Bank Working Group on Gender. The website provides critical commentary on the gender dimensions of the Millennium Development Goals. The website stresses that while Goal 3 - a commitment to gender equality and women's empow...
- Women for Women International
- Women for Women International provides women survivors of war, civil strife, and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies. Since 1993, our multi-tiered development programwhich includes financial and emotional support, rights education, vocational skills training, a...
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- A non-governmental organisation conducting research and studies on women issues, women's rights, violence against women and other related fields, holding training courses, and advocating for women's rights in Iran. IWSR are in Special Consultative Status to ECOSOC and were established in 1986 to follow the main goal of promotion of women situation and the following objectives:...
- Training and Research Support Centre (TARSC)
- Provides training, information, research and capacity support on areas of public health, social policy, food security, social protection, social and economic rights, reproductive, gender and child rights and on civic-state relations. TARSC works mainly in southern Africa and networks with non government, government and academic organisations.
- WOMANKIND Worldwide is a UK-based charity dedicated to women's development and women's human rights globally. Womankind work with local groups to find their own solutions, assisting them in their efforts to find a path that leads away from discrimination to equality. At present, Womankind works with over sixty partners in fifteen countries. The web-site provides acces...
- Gender Forum
- Gender Forum is a new electronic journal dedicated to the discussion of women's and gender studies. Users also have access to the online discussion forum and a series of useful links
- Gender Policy Review
- Gender Policy Review is a monthly magazine geared toward policy professionals and individuals interested in gender and international,development and domestic politics. Gender Policy Review aims to provide a forum for discussions and news on current laws and policies that affect gender power relations as well as the position of women in their societies and globally.