Citizenship and rights
- The role of community conversations in facilitating local HIV competence: case study from rural Zimbabwe
- BMC Public Health 2013
- This journal article examines the potential of using community conversations to strengthen positive responses to HIV in resource-poor environments. Guided by a facilitator, community members collectively identify local strengths and c...
- The critical role of communities in reaching global targets to end the AIDS epidemic
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2015
- This report from the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and Stop AIDS Alliance draws on multiple sources to document the many ways in which communities are advancing the response to AIDS and to explore evidence for th...
- On the fast-track to end AIDS: UNAIDS 2016 - 2021 strategy
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- This document outlines the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) 2016-2021 strategy to end the AIDS epidemic as a public health threat by 2030. The strategy maps out the UNAIDS Fast-Track approach to accelerating the AID...
- Mobilising and mediating global medicine and health citizenship: the politics of AIDS knowledge production in rural South Africa
- S. Robins / Institute of Development Studies UK 2009
- The paper investigates the ways in which global health messages and forms of health citizenship are mediated by AIDS activists in rural South Africa. It focuses on how international health agencies and NGOs engage with local communiti...
- Constitutional Reforms and Access to HIV Services for Women in Low-resource Settings in Nairobi, Kenya
- P Ooosterhoff; E Kageha Igonya / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- Four years after the approval of the new Constitution in Kenya in 2010, and one year after the devolution of health services in 2013, this case study examines: the difficulties that poor women and girls living in slum areas face in ge...