International initiatives aimed at assessing governance have been launched by a number of organisations: multilateral and bilateral donors, as well as independent research institutes. Over the last decade, an ever growing number of tools and methodologies for governance assessments of various types have been developed by researchers, the private sector, NGOs and aid agencies. Bilateral and multilateral donors have become heavily involved in the provision and use of governance assessments and indicators.
- CSW59 Political Declaration: a step backwards
- A Hopkins; A Hunt / Womankind 2015
- Reporting for Womankind Worldwide, Amelia Hopkins and Abigail Hunt assess in this article the progress that has been made since the adoption of the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA) twenty years ago, and reflect on a lacklustre ...
- High-Level dialogue towards a continental results framework on women, peace and security in Africa
- United Nations 2015
- Hosted on the United Nations WebTV service and organised by the Office of the Special Adviser on Africa (OSAA), this 90 minute recording documents the high-level dialogue towards a continental framework on women, peace and s...
- Political declaration on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women
- commission on the status of women / The United Nations Economic and Social Council 2015
- Negotiated and agreed prior to the commencement of the 59th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW59), member states adopted this Political Declaration that seeks to reaffirm the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA) on th...
- Pakistan's trade interests and suggested positions on issues to be discussed at the Seattle WTO ministerial negotiation
- F.S. Shaheen / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan 1999
- Pakistan’s global economic position continues to be determined by numerous external influences. Many of the issues that has face the country surfaced at the 1999 Seattle round of WTO negotiations. This policy brief summarizes re...
- How can we measure public administration performance? A guide
- M. Laberge (ed); J. Nahem (ed); K. Brown / United Nations Development Programme 2009
- The proliferation of different public administration (PA) assessment tools has resulted in some confusion about which tools to use, how they should be applied and their weaknesses and strengths. This guide is intended for UNDP Country...