Governance and Social Development Resource Centre (GSDRC)
The website offers access to selected research and training available in governance, conflict and social development as well as advice on demand, including rapid response research and consultant finding.
The following services are available to DFID and the wider development community:
- Research helpdesk: Rapid-response research service for short desk-based research needs on governance, social development, conflict and humanitarian issues.
- Issues papers: A more in-depth research service providing reviews of key literature and expert thinking.
- Topic guides: User-friendly guides to key topics to bring you up to date on the main debates and issues. The guides are produced by GSDRC researchers in close collaboration with external experts and practitioners in DFID.
- Document library: A collection of more than 4500 of the most credible publications available on governance, social development, conflict and humanitarian issues. Brief, policy-oriented summaries of each document are provided, plus links to the full text online.
- Professional development reading packs: These reading packs provide thought-provoking introductions by international experts to governance, social development, conflict and humanitarian topics and the emerging issues and debates within them.
- Email bulletin: A monthly digest of key new resources on governance, social development, conflict and humanitarian issues from the GSDRC and beyond.