- Making All Voices Count - Call for Proposals
Making All Voices Count is a global initiative that aims to create more awareness around the underlying problems and challenges surrounding citizen/government engagement, by supporting innovation, scaling-up, and research to deepen already existing innovations and by helping to harness new technologies.
Making All Voices Count plans to create resources and tools to enable citizens to give feedback on government performance, give stronger incentives for, and greater capacity within, governments to respond to citizens’ feedback, and provide the capacity for citizens to engage with government to improve their policies and service.
- Using Mobile Phones for Nutrition Surveillance: A Review of Evidence
- Inka Barnett; Jose V. Gallegos / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2013
- Nutrition surveillance is expensive and logistically laborious and therefore often non-existent in resource-low countries. Surveillance systems are also constrained by time-consuming and error-prone paper-based data collection followe...
- Harnessing collaborative technologies: helping funders work together better
- G. Kasper; K. Kimball; S. Lawrence; L. Philp / Foundation Center, USA, 2013
- Many funders have begun to use technology to explore new ways of working together, from casual peer learning to joint funding and strategy development. This report is a story about how new tools - social networking...
- Mapping your online media strategy - a guide for nonprofits
- Non-profit Network, 2013
- This ebook offers a guide through the process of choosing social media platforms and developing an effective online media strategy. It provides an overview of few popular social media channels in South Africa and how they work, so tha...
- Emerging implications of open and linked data for knowledge sharing in development
- D. Edwards; T. Davies / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2013
- Movements towards open data involve the publication of datasets (from metadata on publications, to research, to operational project statistics) online in standard formats and without restrictions on reuse. A number of open d...
- Evolution and future of the knowledge commons: Emerging opportunities and challenges for less developed societies
- S. Ferreira 2012
- This article addresses the emerging field of the knowledge commons in relation to the challenges of international development. It reviews the history of academic knowledge since the Enlightenment, its evolution and current trends, wit...