- New HEART topic guide examines how edtech supports learning
The guide addresses the question: What is the evidence that the use of digital or electronic technologies and materials to support teaching and learning. by teachers or students, impacts teaching and learning practices or learning outcomes? It offers findings and recommendations on how to strengthen the design, implementation and evaluation of programmes that use edtech.
- Technology at work: the future of innovation and employment
- C.B. Frey; M.A. Osborne / Oxford Martin Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology, 2015
- The 21st century has already brought remarkable technological achievements. The leading corporations of the digital age — including YouTube, Facebook and eBay — barely existed only a decade ago. The Human Genome Project wa...
- Agiletown: the relentless march of technology and London’s response
- C.B. Frey; M.A. Osborne / Deloitte, 2014
- Throughout history, advances in technology have transformed commercial activity and the jobs that people do, never more so than today with the accelerating pace of change in digitisation and robotics. The continuing impact of technolo...
- Women in the digital economy: breaking through the equality threshold
- United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2013
- Changes in demographics and education, and female emancipation itself, are laying bare the need to promote greater efficiency and equity in markets so as to make use of women’s capabilities. And they are casting more light on th...
- Linking savings accounts to mobile phones: are potential users interested?
- S. de Mel; D. Herath; C. McIntosh; C. Woodruff / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2014
- In the last decade, the micro-credit sector has expanded the world over. A great deal of interest is now being focussed on the development potential of mobilising micro-savings by channeling the liquidity of the poor into the formal b...
- An analysis of the mobile telephone sector in MENA: potential for deregulation and privatization
- S. Hakim; S. Neaime / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- This study evaluates the growth and trend in the mobile telephone sector in several Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries between 1995 and 2007. The paper states that in MENA region, the spectacular growth of the mobile teleph...