- Making All Voices Count - Call for Proposals
Making All Voices Count is a global initiative that aims to create more awareness around the underlying problems and challenges surrounding citizen/government engagement, by supporting innovation, scaling-up, and research to deepen already existing innovations and by helping to harness new technologies.
Making All Voices Count plans to create resources and tools to enable citizens to give feedback on government performance, give stronger incentives for, and greater capacity within, governments to respond to citizens’ feedback, and provide the capacity for citizens to engage with government to improve their policies and service.
- South-south technology transfer: criteria for evaluation of public policies in the BRICS countries
- BRICS Policy Center / Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas BRICS, 2013
- This Policy Brief reviews the existing literature concerned with analytical and conceptual models to evaluate technology transfer (TT) practices in cooperation projects, aiming at contributing to the formulation of effective public po...
- A fine balance: mapping cyber (in)security in Latin America
- G. Diniz; R. Muggah / Igarape Institute, 2012
- Cyber-security is emerging as a dominant area of concern amongst many governments and civil societies across Latin America. Although the existence of cyberspace is already generating a massive evolution in all aspects of life, it is e...
- New technologies for improving old public security challenges in Nairobi
- M. Frilander; J. Lundine; D. Kutalek / Igarape Institute, 2014
- This paper maps out the digital environment shaping public security in selected informal settlements of Nairobi. In particular, the paper considers the diverse ways in which information communication technologies (ICTs) are being adop...
- Catching the virtual bus: ICT for augmenting rural livelihoods
- A. Pastakia; S. Oza / Development Support Center, 2011
- Whereas plenty of literature is available on the technical aspects of watershed development and other livelihood strategies in India, not much has been written on the institutional aspects, entrepreneurial strategies or the role of IC...
- Revolutionising finance for agri-value chains
- I. Boto; L. Rutten / Small Island Economies - CTA Brussels, 2014
- It is estimated that only 20% of populations in most developing countries have access to formal financial services, and in Africa only 4% of the total population have a bank account while only 1% of Africans have a loan or credit faci...