- The internet: who's in and who's out
1st August 2014 marks 15 years since Eldis first registered its internet domain name eldis.org. So how has the internet changed over that 15 year period and who have been the winners and losers as a result? This timeline uses International Telecommunication Union statistics and other research to highlight some the key developments in global internet use and looks at how the world has changed since that day in August 1999.
- Emerging Opportunities: Monitoring and Evaluation in a Tech-Enabled World
- L. Raftree; M. Bamberger; ITAD false / Rockefeller Foundation, 2014
- Paper exploring how ICTs are helping to overcome common M&E challenges, including “real-world” challenges and methodological and conceptual challenges. It offers ideas on untested areas where ICTs could play a role in ...
- Gender-Specific Election Violence: The Role of Information and Communication Technologies
- The rising influence of new information and communication technologies (ICTs) has paralleled the rapid development of women’s political participation worldwide. For women entering political life or holding public positions, new ...
- Information and cmmunication technologies for women entrepreneurs: prospects and potential in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Uzbekistan
- Asian Development Bank, 2014
- Information and communication technologies (ICTs), in particular mobile phones, the internet, and computers, play an important role in accelerating business growth. ICTs are particularly suitable to help overcome constraints that are ...
- Empowering Women Entrepreneurs through Information and Communication Technologies - A Practical Guide
- United Nations [UN] Conference on Trade and Development, 2014
- The promotion of micro and small-scale enterprises (MSEs) has been recognised as an important strategy for advancing the economic empowerment of women, while reducing poverty and gender inequality. This guide has been designed to prov...
- Flexible, Open and Distance Learning: An Enabler or Barrier to Women’s Empowerment through Education and Learning
- S. A. Whittington / Commonwealth of Learning, 2013
- Can flexible, open and distance learning (FODL) deliver education equitably and equally, as well as remove barriers to women’s learning and enhance empowerment, in the Global South? Although most of the early writings...