- Improving agriculture and nutrition with open data
How can we improve agriculture, food and nutrition with open data? In this discussion paper, the Open Data Institute highlight examples of how open data is being used in different agriculture and nutrition contexts to enable more efficient and effective decision making, foster innovation and drive organisational change.
- The US-China cyber-agreement: implications for India
- A. Basu / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- The aftermath of Chinese President Xi Jinping's 1 September 2015 visit to the United States was marked by an abundance of discourse on, interalia, the merits of the US-China cyber-security agreement. The agreement was quickly dismisse...
- India's gender digital divide: women and politics on Twitter
- S. Anderson / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- The report highlights how women who take up space online, particularly when it involves politically charged issues, are often treated as trespassers in a male space. In response to gender-based abuse and harassment, some prominen...
- The technological revolution and its impact on gender relations with a special focus on India and Africa
- A. Nikpur / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- There is mixed evidence on the empowering or disempowering potential of ICTs for women. New technologies clearly seem to have the potential of removing women-specific barriers to participation and organisation and leveling centuries-o...
- Section J: Promote ICT in Women's Rights
- Association for Progressive Communications, 2015
- The Association for Progressive Communications, Women's Rights Programme (APC WRP) has been leading a campaign to reprioritise Section J in the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action due to the important role that media and inter...
- Do telecom restrictive policies matter for telecom performance? Evidence from MENA countries
- R.A. Ezzat; N. Aboushady / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2015
- The past decade has witnessed a significant transformation in the trade and regulatory policies of the telecom sector across the MENA region. Many countries committed to opening up their telecom sector to trade and investment under WT...