- Making All Voices Count - Call for Proposals
Making All Voices Count is a global initiative that aims to create more awareness around the underlying problems and challenges surrounding citizen/government engagement, by supporting innovation, scaling-up, and research to deepen already existing innovations and by helping to harness new technologies.
Making All Voices Count plans to create resources and tools to enable citizens to give feedback on government performance, give stronger incentives for, and greater capacity within, governments to respond to citizens’ feedback, and provide the capacity for citizens to engage with government to improve their policies and service.
- Strategy for Sustainable Agriculture
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2011
- The food price crisis of the last decade provided an impetus to the discussions on sustainable development of agriculture. What has since emerged is the belief that agricultural policies need to be revamped to meet the growing demands...
- Regional co-operation in the telecommunications sector via CRASA
- T.B. Scott / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2013
- This case study examines the telecommunications sector in Southern Africa and the role that the Communications Regulators’ Association Southern Africa (CRASA) plays in encouraging policy harmonisation between member states of th...
- The new transparency in development economics: lessons from the Millennium Villages controversy
- M. Clemens; G. Demombynes / Center for Global Development, USA, 2013
- The Millennium Villages Project is a high profile, multi-country development project that has aimed to serve as a model for ending rural poverty in sub-Saharan Africa. The project became the subject of controversy when the m...
- Using Mobile Phones for Nutrition Surveillance: A Review of Evidence
- Inka Barnett; Jose V. Gallegos / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2013
- Nutrition surveillance is expensive and logistically laborious and therefore often non-existent in resource-low countries. Surveillance systems are also constrained by time-consuming and error-prone paper-based data collection followe...Results 1 to 5 of 1284