- New HEART topic guide examines how edtech supports learning
The guide addresses the question: What is the evidence that the use of digital or electronic technologies and materials to support teaching and learning. by teachers or students, impacts teaching and learning practices or learning outcomes? It offers findings and recommendations on how to strengthen the design, implementation and evaluation of programmes that use edtech.
- The impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in Egypt and some Arab and emerging countries
- M. Badran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Telecommunications networks play a vital role in today’s economies. This study aims at examining the impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in in 22 emerging and Arab countries during the period (1998-2008). ...
- DFID Review of Digital in Development Programmes
- P. Ranger; J. Chandler; B. Arscott / Department for International Development, UK, 2015
- The purpose of this review was to benchmark the UK Department for Internationa Development's activities on digital and to support the development of an overarching vision for digital work in their programmes. It found ...
- The use of ICTs to express public outrage in Nigeria over child marriage
- J Dada / Global Information Society Watch, 2013
- Is public opposition to child marriage in Nigeria increasing? Despite the Nigerian Senate passing a law criminalising child marriage in 2003, only 24 of the 36 states have adopted the law. This concise paper, written by Joh...
- Shaping our collective futures: the Africa we want
- N Abdulmelik (ed) 2013
- In 50 years, what kind of Africa can we envision, and then proceed to achieve? What are the non-negotiables? What agenda will see a true transformation of the world in which we live? What factors will enable us to not simply survive, ...
- Helpdesk Report: Innovations in education systems and delivery
- A. Nedelcu / Department for International Development, UK, 2010
- There is a significant body of evidence showing the efforts of educational institutes all over the world to innovate their educational systems in order to extend services, improve performance and communication flows, and to reduce cos...