- Improving agriculture and nutrition with open data
How can we improve agriculture, food and nutrition with open data? In this discussion paper, the Open Data Institute highlight examples of how open data is being used in different agriculture and nutrition contexts to enable more efficient and effective decision making, foster innovation and drive organisational change.
- The mobile communications services industry in India: has it led to India becoming a manufacturing hub for telecommunication equipments?
- S. Mani / Centre for Development Studies, Kerala, India, 2011
- The growth performance of the Indian mobile communications services industry is now reasonably well recorded. It is one of the few industries in India which has travelled significantly from being a monopolistic and somnolent industry ...
- Can digital jobs solve Africa's unemployment crisis
- B. Ramalingam; J. Sumberg (ed) / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2016
- In Africa more than two hundred million people are aged between 15 and 24, and this number is likely to double in the next 30 years. As these young people look to enter the workforce many will face unsafe, insecure, part-tim...
- Mobile phone interventions for improving economic and productive outcomes for farm and non - farm rural enterprises and households in low and middle - income countries
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2013
- The link between economic growth, development and the ability to communicate over distances is a topic that has been extensively debated in available literature. There are three possible impacts of improved communication technologies:...
- Technology Justice: A call to action
- A. Meikle / Practical Action [Intermediate Technology Development Group], 2016
- This publication from Practical Action is a call to action for readers to join a movement for Technology Justice. The authors argue that while technology is at the heart of human development its benefits are not fairly share...
- Can e-governance reduce capture of public programmes? Experimental evidence from India’s employment guarantee scheme in Bihar
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2015
- Low administrative capacity and pervasive corruption constrain the performance of social insurance programs in many low-income settings. The increasing availability of e-governance, i.e., the application of information and communicati...