- The internet: who's in and who's out
1st August 2014 marks 15 years since Eldis first registered its internet domain name eldis.org. So how has the internet changed over that 15 year period and who have been the winners and losers as a result? This timeline uses International Telecommunication Union statistics and other research to highlight some the key developments in global internet use and looks at how the world has changed since that day in August 1999.
- Government Responsiveness: a think-piece for the Making All Voices Count programme
- R. McGee / Making All Voices Count, 2014
- When citizens exercise voice, what is it that makes their voices count, or not count? If citizens’ voices count, governments are being responsive. In the past fifteen years many development and social change programmes have soug...
- On speaking, mediation, representation and listening: a think-piece for the Making All Voices Count programme
- K. Oswald / Making All Voices Count, 2014
- Making All Voices Count is a global initiative that supports innovation, scaling, and research to deepen existing innovations and help harness new technologies to enable citizen engagement and government responsiveness. This th...
- The question of inclusiveness: a think-piece for the Making All Voices Count programme
- E. Berdou / Making All Voices Count, 2014
- Inclusiveness is a persistent theme in development thinking and practice. Concerns about who to include, and therefore who to exclude, how and at what level, lie at the heart of initiatives aimed at supporting expression, representati...
- Fostering new ideas for social inclusion and accountable responsive governance: a think-piece for the Making All Voices Count programme
- D. Edwards / Making All Voices Count, 2014
- The Making All Voices Count programme aims to foster and support new ideas to improve governance and achieve greater social justice. Key to Making All Voices Count’s approach to this challenge is to support innovation through a ...
- Gender and Information Communication Technologies (ICTS) in Nigeria: Challenges and Prospects
- H.U. Sanda; M.H. Kurfi 2013
- Despite the emphasis placed on the use of information communication technologies (ICTs) in Nigeria, women are often underrepresented in terms of access and use. Gender differences in ICT use in Nigeria are linked to patterns of discri...