- The internet: who's in and who's out
1st August 2014 marks 15 years since Eldis first registered its internet domain name eldis.org. So how has the internet changed over that 15 year period and who have been the winners and losers as a result? This timeline uses International Telecommunication Union statistics and other research to highlight some the key developments in global internet use and looks at how the world has changed since that day in August 1999.
- Topic Guide: Maximising the benefits to the poor from infrastructure programmes aimed at increasing growth
- J. Hawkins; J. Wells; B. Fernz / Evidence on Demand, 2014
- This Topic Guide provides advisers with an overview of how the poor can benefit from economic infrastructure projects. It focuses on projects that principally aim to boost economic growth and industrial development. In these projects,...
- Fostering a digitally inclusive aging society in China: the potential of public libraries
- World Bank, 2014
- China faces policy challenges related to the well-being of its ageing population. What distinguishes it is that rapid population ageing is occurring at a significantly lower income level than in comparable countries. Further, the coun...
- Shooting our hard drive into space and other ways to practise responsible development data
- K. Antin; R. Byrne; T. Geber; S. van Geffen; J. Hoffmann; M. Jayaram; M. Khan; T. Lee; F. Weinberg; C. Wilson; B. Rühling; Z. Rahman; C. Simeoni 2014
- This book is offered as a first attempt to understand what responsible data means in the context of international development programming. It takes a broad view of development and also anticipates that some of the methods and lessons ...
- Young people and the digital divide in Egypt: an empirical study
- M.F. Badran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- Digital divide is a new phenomenon emerging with the development of the information and communication technologies (ICTs). The digital divide can be defined as the gap between those with a permanent, effective access to new ICTs and t...
- Regional cooperation for infrastructure development: towards an institutional framework for investment in the IOR - ARC
- S.K. Mohanty; P. Dash / Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2013
- Infrastructure plays a key role in promoting economic growth and development. Infrastructure is considered as a priority sector for investment in the Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation (IOR-ARC). Due to low domestic...