- The internet: who's in and who's out
1st August 2014 marks 15 years since Eldis first registered its internet domain name eldis.org. So how has the internet changed over that 15 year period and who have been the winners and losers as a result? This timeline uses International Telecommunication Union statistics and other research to highlight some the key developments in global internet use and looks at how the world has changed since that day in August 1999.
- How can government increase R&D activities in the Philippines?
- K..G. Gonzales; J.T. Yap / Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2011
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS) collaborated with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in the last quarter of 2009 to undertake a study focusing on the identification of factors that drive multinational ...
- Why some firms innovate and why others do not
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2011
- Various studies have pointed to the Philippines’ meagre expenditures on research and development (R&D) activities, especially when viewed vis-a-vis those of its neighboring countries. Innovation, however, is not just confine...
- Emerging Opportunities: Monitoring and Evaluation in a Tech-Enabled World
- L. Raftree; M. Bamberger; ITAD false / Rockefeller Foundation, 2014
- Paper exploring how ICTs are helping to overcome common M&E challenges, including “real-world” challenges and methodological and conceptual challenges. It offers ideas on untested areas where ICTs could play a role in ...
- Gender-Specific Election Violence: The Role of Information and Communication Technologies
- The rising influence of new information and communication technologies (ICTs) has paralleled the rapid development of women’s political participation worldwide. For women entering political life or holding public positions, new ...
- Information and cmmunication technologies for women entrepreneurs: prospects and potential in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Uzbekistan
- Asian Development Bank, 2014
- Information and communication technologies (ICTs), in particular mobile phones, the internet, and computers, play an important role in accelerating business growth. ICTs are particularly suitable to help overcome constraints that are ...