- The internet: who's in and who's out
1st August 2014 marks 15 years since Eldis first registered its internet domain name eldis.org. So how has the internet changed over that 15 year period and who have been the winners and losers as a result? This timeline uses International Telecommunication Union statistics and other research to highlight some the key developments in global internet use and looks at how the world has changed since that day in August 1999.
- India-Africa cooperation in agriculture science, technology and innovation: new avenues and opportunities
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2014
- India is now a key trading partner of Sub-Saharan Africa, importing almost US$ 21 billion worth of goods and commodities and exporting goods of over US$ 10 billion to Africa in 2010. India’s development cooperation with Africa e...
- Does infrastructure mitigate the effect of urban concentration on poverty in developing countries?
- K. Sekkat / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- The paper focuses on a poorly investigated issue, although highly challenging for developing countries, which is the nexus between urban concentration, poverty and infrastructure. A system of equations is estimated including poverty, ...
- Trade and R&D externalities: iImpact on the cost of production of the Tunisian manufacturing sector
- S Ghali; Z. Karray / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- The purpose of this paper is to introduce a suitable methodology for estimating the extent to which less developed countries—namely Tunisia—that hardly invest in research and development benefit from R&D that is conduc...
- Trade, transaction costs and TFP: evidence from Tunisia and Egypt
- Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- Increases in total factor productivity (TFP) are commonly associated with accumulation of knowledge through technological innovation and investment in R&D. However, organisational innovations also improve productivity through the ...
- Round Table report on inclusion in the network society – mapping development alternatives, forging research agenda
- IT for Change, 2014
- This IT for Change and IDRC event brought together research scholars, development practitioners and activists for three days of discussion on identifying appropriate analytical frameworks for tracing power and exclusion...