Eldis Nutrition Reporter
You can find a complete list of new additions on our Nutrition Resource Guide. A selection of the latest content is shown below.
- Political violence, drought and child malnutrition: empirical evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India
- J.P. Tranchant; P. Justino; C. Müller / Households in Conflict Network 2014
- Households in developing countries have to cope with a myriad of uncertain events, some of which may happen simultaneously. One important example is the interplay between climatic shocks and violent conflict.Although the extent to whi...
- Nutritional improvement for children in urban Chile and Kenya
- P. Pridmore / Department for International Development, UK 2014
- Since 2010, the NICK study has sought to help two project countries, Chile and Kenya, reduce urban malnutrition in young children by facilitating intersectoral actions to change the social determinants. In urban Kenya chronic stunting...
- Adapting Agriculture Platforms for Nutrition: A Case Study of a Participatory, Video-Based Agricultural Extension Platform in India
- S. Kadiyala; E.H. Morgan; S. Cyriac; A. Margolies; T. Roopnaraine / PLoS ONE 2016
- Successful integration of nutrition interventions into large-scale development programmes from nutrition-relevant sectors, such as agriculture, can address critical underlying determinants of undernutrition and enhance the coverage an...
- Identifying and tackling the social determinants of child malnutrition in urban informal settlements and slums: a cross national review of the evidence for action
- P. Pridmore / Institute of Education, University of London 2011
- Urbanisation can bring many benefits the rate of change but in many developing countries the rate of change has been so fast and so dramatic that many cities have been unable to cope. Rapid, unplanned urbanisation has led to widesprea...
- Inequities in under-five child nutritional status in South Africa: what progress has been made?
- J. May; I.M. Timaeus / London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine 2014
- Despite the emphasis given to poverty reduction in policy statements and a substantial increase in social spending, money-metric poverty has shown little improvement since South Africa's transition to democracy in 1994. Alternative ap...