China and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- African students in China An exploration of increasing numbers and their motivations in Beijing
- H. Ferdjani / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch, 2012
- Besides the field of commercial activities, education has become a great component of the Sino-African framework. The consequence of this partnership is the designing of a landscape of thousands of African students that can acce...
- A snapshot of world population trends, 2011
- B. Crossette (ed); R. Kollodge; A. Toure / United Nations Population Fund, 2011
- This report provides a snapshot of how a number of countries are facing diverse demographic challenges, ranging from ageing populations to high fertility rates, and from urbanisation to the emergence of new generations of young people...
- Which countries are preparing for old age?
- R. Jackson; N. Howe; K. Nakashima / Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, 2011
- The Global Aging Preparedness Index (or GAP Index) aims to provide a comprehensive assessment of the progress that countries are making in preparing for global ageing, and particularly the “old-age dependency” dimension of...
- Collaboration is key to control of malaria, kala-azar and Japanese encephalitis in South Asia
- F Li; J Morgan; X Ding / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2008
- China has made remarkable economic progress in the past three decades. This has led to a dramatic rise in demand for highly educated workers and consequently, the rapid expansion of higher education. While a degree does not guarantee ...
- Child injury in Asia
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2007
- This special Innocenti series on Child Injury, developed jointly by UNICEF and TASC, presents recently acquired evidence from surveys in five Asian countries: Bangladesh, China, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. The surveys are larg...
- Assessing the impact of nutritional definciency in famine
- R. Mu; X. Zhang / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2008
- An increasing literature examines the association between restricted fetal or early childhood growth and the incidence of diseases in adulthood. Little is known, however, about gender difference in this association. This document asse...
- Is the Asia-Pacific facing mounting youth problems?
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 2007
- Focusing on six Asia-Pacific countries; Australia, China, India, Malaysia, the Republic of Korea and Singapore, this paper documents information and experiences on youth issues, youth policy formulation and programme development. With...
- Can education partnerships promote equal opportunities for girls?
- United Nations Girls' Education Initiative, 2007
- This document looks at education partnerships as a way of empowering girls and promoting equal opportunities. It discuses seven case studies from East Asia on programmes addressing the educational needs of girls, particularly those wh...
- A commentary on the current state of global labour conditions
- A. Cavillo; A. de Regil / Jus Semper Global Alliance, 2007
- This article discusses how labour conditions have deteriorated over the last several decades leading to what the report calls ”modern slavery”. It argues that despite international organisations and conventions created by ...
- Children’s experiences of conflict with the law and recommendations to protect them
- F. Martin; J. Parry-Williams / Save the Children Fund, 2005
- This report addresses the issues facing children who are in conflict with the law. Drawing throughout on case studies and first-hand descriptions of childrens experiences, the first part analyses the experiences and situation of...