Ecuador and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Mapping child malnutrition in Ecuador: a canton level analysis
- B. Lorge Rogers; J. Wirth; K. Macías / Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, 2007
- The Government of Ecuador has made a commitment to eradicating childhood hunger, and is presently undertaking steps to develop policies and programmes to achieve that goal. This paper argues that the first step toward realising the go...
- Relatively modest cash transfers to poor women leads to substantial improvements in child health
- C. Paxson; N. Schady / World Bank, 2007
- This World Bank paper examines how a government-run cash transfer programme targeted to poor mothers in rural Ecuador influenced the health and development of their children. Unlike other transfer programmes that have been implemented...
- How does the work of boys and girls differ in the Latin America and Caribbean region?
- L. Guarcello; B. Henschel; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C. Valdivia / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2006
- This study examines the child labour phenomenon in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region from a gender perspective. It represents part of a broader effort to improve understanding of how child labour differs by sex, and to ensu...
- Youth in organised armed violence
- L. Dowdney / Children and youth in Organised Armed Violence, 2005
- This study identifies a number of regions affected by children and youth in organised armed violence (COAV), exploring causes and trends of the problem as well as suggesting policy oriented guidelines for policy makers within the inte...
- An analysis of social, ethnic, and regional determinants of child health in the Andes
- C. Larrea; P. Montalvo; A.M. Ricaurte / Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales, 2004
- The authors suggest that child malnutrition severely jeopardises, reduces or impairs prospects for productive social participation in adulthood. The authors propose that it is a major hindrance to human development (defined as a proce...
- Situation analysis of girl child labour in agriculture, domestic work and sexual exploitation
- International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2004
- Comparative analysis of girl child labour in agriculture, domestic work and sexual exploitation
- U. Murray / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2004
- This study is a comparative analysis of gender sensitive assessments undertaken in the Ghana, Ecuador and the Philippines focusing on agriculture, domestic labour and prostitution. It analyses underlying factors of gender disparities ...
- Importance of a gender perspective in understanding child labour
- T. Kolomiyets / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2004
- This report provides an analysis of child labour disaggregated by sex. It reviews existing child labour data, specifically from a gender perspective, and provides a detailed review of and comparison between six countries, Ecuador, Gha...
- How can disadvantaged youth take advantage of ICTs?
- B. Fillip / World Bank, 2002
- This brief paper looks at some of the issues emerging in reaching children and youth in poor neighbourhoods with training in information and communication technologies (ICTs). These children and youth are unlikely to have access to co...
- Children's and workers' rights violated by both government and corporations
- C. Pier / Human Rights Watch, 2002
- Looks at how multinationals purchasing bananas in Ecuador are able to avoid direct responsibility for the harsh conditions endured by workers (including children). They achieve this by using a large number of third-party Ecuadorian pr...