Ghana and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Youth, mobility and mobile phones in Africa: findings from a three-country study
- University of Durham 2014
- The expansion of mobile phone use in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly over the last five years, has been remarkable in terms of speed of adoption, spatial penetration and, not least, the fact that this is an essentially spontaneous de...
- Children’s mobility in Ghana: An overview of methods and findings from the Ghana research study
- Gina Porter; Kate Hampshire; Albert Abane / Society, Biology and Human Affairs 2011
- This paper is part of a collection forming A Special Issue, which covers selected themes from a larger project on child mobility in Ghana, Malawi and South Africa. The themes are those which individual members of the Ghana research te...
- A Moving Issue: Children and young people’s transport and mobility constraints in Africa
- Kate Czuczman (ed) / International Forum for Rural Transport and Development 2010
- Children and young people are rarely at the forefront of transport studies, despite the fact that their ability to access health and educational facilities is crucial to the achievement of internatioanl development goals. To address t...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Linking small holder agriculture to school food provision
- A. Gelli; K. Neeser; L. Drake / Home Grown School Feeding 2010
- Home grown School Feeding (HGSF) in Sub-Saharan Africa is seen as a key tool in the transition towards nationally owned school feeding programmes. However, to support the transition from externally driven school feeding to HGSF, the P...
- HGSF working paper series #2: linking agricultural development to school feeding
- J. Sumberg; R. Sabates-Wheeler / Home Grown School Feeding 2010
- Home-grown school feeding (HGSF) approach is conceived of as combining two distinct policy objectives: a social protection objective focused on the health and nutritional status of school-age children, and a focus on the economic and ...
- Developing rations for Home Grown School Feeding
- R. Galloway / Home Grown School Feeding 2010
- This paper discusses how to set the goals for school meal rations based on educational and nutrition outcomes. The paper points that school feeding programs do not significantly improve the nutritional status of school children unless...
- Food provision in schools in low and middle income countries: developing an evidenced based programme framework
- A. Gelli / Home Grown School Feeding 2010
- This paper aims to develop an evidence based rationale for school feeding programmes. The paper clarifies that school feeding is a popular programme that has been used to support the education, health and nutrition of children living ...
- Home Grown School Feeding and social protection
- S. Devereux; R. Sabates-Wheeler; A.P. Martínez / Home Grown School Feeding 2010
- This paper argues that Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programmes have great potential to deliver various social protection benefits, not only for schoolchildren and their families but also for food supplying farmers. The pape...
- Engaging communities: evaluating social accountability in school feeding programmes
- C. Johnson; E. Janoch / Home Grown School Feeding 2011
- This paper addresses the question of how implementers of Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) systems can create and operationalise feedback systems between communities, governments and external partners to ensure programmes are meeting c...