Lebanon and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Helpdesk report: education system in Lebanon
- Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2015
- This helpdesk report was asked to collate and synthesise the body of evidence from the last 5-10 years on Lebanon’s education sector, taking a education system wide approach while particularly, prioritising access, cost/ efficie...
- Running out of time: Survival of Syrian refugee children in Lebanon
- Harvard School of Public Health 2014
- This report documents the findings of a rapid assessment of the needs of Syrian refugee children in Lebanon undertaken over 10 days in November 2013. A two-person team interviewed Syrian refugee families in Beirut, Tripoli, and the Be...
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mecha...
- The situation of young Muslim women from a child’s right perspective, Middle East
- P. Ouis / Save the Children [Sweden] 2006
- This Save the Children publication investigates the situation of girls aged 12-18 years old in the Middle East with particular emphasis on the issues of participation and non-discrimination; the latter from the perspective of gender-b...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...
- Gender, education and child labour in Lebanon
- A. Khalidi; N. Nahhas; I. Nuwayhid / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour 2004
- This study examines the topic of gender, education and child labour in Lebanon, and argues that despite the limited availability of related information at the national level, there are indications of the existence of some factors and ...