Mexico and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Unaccompanied alien children: potential factors contributing to recent immigration
- Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- In the past several years, and in the past year in particular, the number of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) seeking to enter the United States along the U.S.-Mexico border has surged to unusually high levels. This surge is driven ...
- Unaccompanied alien children: an overview
- L. Seghetti; A. Siskin; R.E. Wasem / Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- The number of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) arriving in the United States is straining the system put in place over the past decade to handle such cases. UAC are defined in statute as children who lack lawful immigration status i...
- A snapshot of world population trends, 2011
- B. Crossette (ed); R. Kollodge; A. Toure / United Nations Population Fund, 2011
- This report provides a snapshot of how a number of countries are facing diverse demographic challenges, ranging from ageing populations to high fertility rates, and from urbanisation to the emergence of new generations of young people...
- Which countries are preparing for old age?
- R. Jackson; N. Howe; K. Nakashima / Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, 2011
- The Global Aging Preparedness Index (or GAP Index) aims to provide a comprehensive assessment of the progress that countries are making in preparing for global ageing, and particularly the “old-age dependency” dimension of...
- Need for comprehensive support strategies for orphans: evidence from Indonesia and Mexico
- P Gertler / Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley, 2004
- This paper investigates the effects of parental death and disability on investments in children's human capital using panel data sets from Indonesia and Mexico. The results in this analysis suggest that parental loss does, in fact, re...
- Regular and large cash transfers help improve children’s nutrition in Latin America and Africa
- D. Sridharm; A. Duffield / Save the Children Fund, 2006
- This paper, produced by Save the Children reviews eight cash transfer programmes in Latin America and Africa, and discusses the effectiveness of each in improving the nutritional status of children. It finds that cash transfers to tar...
- A commentary on the current state of global labour conditions
- A. Cavillo; A. de Regil / Jus Semper Global Alliance, 2007
- This article discusses how labour conditions have deteriorated over the last several decades leading to what the report calls ”modern slavery”. It argues that despite international organisations and conventions created by ...
- Enhancing physical and mental health through improved housing
- R. Titiunik; S. Martinez; P.J. Gertler; M.D. Cattaneo / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank, 2007
- What is the causal impact of housing improvement programmes on health and welfare? This paper investigates the impact of a large-scale effort by the Mexican government to replace dirt floors with cement floors on child health and adul...
- Conveying children's hopes, suggestions, and frustrations of children with respect to water
- A. Aureli; M.D. Donoso; L.E. Marín; V.H. Martínez / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2006
- There has been growing concern over the lack of information that society as a whole has with respect to our water resources. But this report shows that children and young people intuitively know the importance of water in all its comp...
- Using pharmacies to provide reproductive health for young people
- C. Parker / YouthNet, Family Health International, 2005
- This briefing, produced by Family Health International, examines the role of pharmacies in providing reproductive health information and services to youth, especially contraceptives and referrals to services for sexually transmitted i...