Uganda and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Eliminating mother‐to‐child transmission of HIV in Uganda by 2015: what will it take?
- HIV/AIDS Knowledge Management and Communication Capacity, 2014
- Attaining Elimination of Mother?to?Child Transmission (EMTCT) targets in Uganda by 2015 requires increased funding to the response from both the Government and international agencies, investment in health systems strengthening, and in...
- Strong girls, powerful women: program planning and design for adolescent girls in humanitarian settings
- K. Paik / Women's Refugee Commission, 2014
- In collaboration with implementing partners, the Women’s Refugee Commission tested promising approaches in adolescent girls’ programming by applying the learning from development contexts in pilot programmes in three displ...
- Self-reported drunkenness among adolescents in four sub-Saharan African countries: associations with adverse childhood experiences
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2010
- Consumption of alcohol is associated with acute and chronic adverse health outcomes. There is a paucity of studies that explore the determinants of alcohol use among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa and, in particular, that examine t...
- Male youth and voluntary counseling and HIV-Testing (VCT): the case of Uganda and Malawi
- C. Izugbara; C. Undie; N. Mudege; A. Ezeh / African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2009
- Voluntary Counseling and HIV-Testing (VCT) is defined as a process by which an individual undergoes counseling, enabling him or her to make an informed choice about being tested. Focusing on Uganda and Malawi, two of the world’s...
- Urbanization and education in East Africa
- M. Oketch (ed); M.W. Ngware (ed) / African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012
- The objective of this book is to pull together contributions on how education provision is affected by the rapid urbanization and to highlight the practice and policy gaps in the education of those who live in the urban areas. It is a...
- East Africa Quality in Early Learning (EAQEL): impact evaluation report
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012
- This is an impact assessment report of an independent evaluation of the Aga Khan Foundation‘s (AKF) East African Quality in Early Learning (EAQEL) initiative to determine whether the initiative improves learning outcomes in the ...
- Social protection for the poorest in Africa compedium of papers presented during the International Conference on Social Protection, 2008
- Conference proceedings from the International Conference on Social Protection, Uganda, 8th-10th September 2008. Papers cover: social protection design programmes social protection, vulnerability and right...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Physical and sexual violence is associated with multiple adverse health behaviours
- D. W. Brown; L. Riley; A. Butchart / Bulletin of the World Health Organization : the International Journal of Public Health, 2009
- This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, examines associations between exposure to physical violence (PV) or sexual violence (SV) and adverse health behaviours among a sample of children in five Africa...
- How to choose a vocation based on market demand – a guide for youth
- K. Bidwell; C. Galbraith; L. Haddad / Women's Refugee Commission, 2008
- Vocational training is at the intersection of economic recovery, education and rehabilitation and reintegration. It is uniquely positioned to meet the demands of youth and broader goals of economic reconstruction in post-conflict area...