Uganda and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- HIV/AIDS vulnerabilities, discrimination, and service accessibility among Africa’s youth: insights from a multi-country study
- Population Council, USA, 2015
- At the individual level, youth lack access to appropriate SRH [sexual and reproductive health] information and confidential, low-cost, and stigma-free SRH services. Institutional responses are hampered by sociocultural sensitivities t...
- Our time to be heard: stories giving voice to young people and their experience of HIV
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2015
- Produced by a network of citizen journalists around the world who report the HIV, health, and human rights stories affecting them and their communities, this collection of stories highlights the current challenges that young people ar...
- Visions, voices and priorities of young people living with and most affected by HIV
- L. Orza; T. Crone; A. Basmajian / International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2015
- This report shares perspectives and insights from young people from around the world living with and affected by HIV, who share their visions for realising and claiming their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and for se...
- No small sacrifice: child sacrifice in Uganda, in a global context of cultural violence
- KidsRights Foundation, 2014
- Every week, children in Uganda disappear when parents aren’t watching. Later, children are found dead or alive, with blood or body parts missing. In many of these cases, parts were removed by witch doctors when the children were...
- The complexity of applying UN Resolution 1325 in post conflict reintegration processes: The case of Northern Uganda
- G. Maina / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes, 2011
- The United Nations (UN) Security Council Resolution 1325 calls on all actors involved to address the special needs of women and girls during rehabilitation, reintegration and post-conflict reconstruction. This study endeavours to anal...
- Eliminating mother‐to‐child transmission of HIV in Uganda by 2015: what will it take?
- HIV/AIDS Knowledge Management and Communication Capacity, 2014
- Attaining Elimination of Mother?to?Child Transmission (EMTCT) targets in Uganda by 2015 requires increased funding to the response from both the Government and international agencies, investment in health systems strengthening, and in...
- Strong girls, powerful women: program planning and design for adolescent girls in humanitarian settings
- K. Paik / Women's Refugee Commission, 2014
- In collaboration with implementing partners, the Women’s Refugee Commission tested promising approaches in adolescent girls’ programming by applying the learning from development contexts in pilot programmes in three displ...
- Self-reported drunkenness among adolescents in four sub-Saharan African countries: associations with adverse childhood experiences
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2010
- Consumption of alcohol is associated with acute and chronic adverse health outcomes. There is a paucity of studies that explore the determinants of alcohol use among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa and, in particular, that examine t...
- Male youth and voluntary counseling and HIV-Testing (VCT): the case of Uganda and Malawi
- C. Izugbara; C. Undie; N. Mudege; A. Ezeh / African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2009
- Voluntary Counseling and HIV-Testing (VCT) is defined as a process by which an individual undergoes counseling, enabling him or her to make an informed choice about being tested. Focusing on Uganda and Malawi, two of the world’s...
- Urbanization and education in East Africa
- M. Oketch (ed); M.W. Ngware (ed) / African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012
- The objective of this book is to pull together contributions on how education provision is affected by the rapid urbanization and to highlight the practice and policy gaps in the education of those who live in the urban areas. It is a...