Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Inequality watch
- B. Thoresen / Norwegian People's Aid, 2012
- This report is a contribution to the development policy debate. It shows that it is a too narrow approach to limit the targets of development policy to growth or to lifting a population above an artificial poverty line. A clear priori...
- Global assessment of how countries have been affected by weather-related loss events
- S. Harmeling; D. Eckstein / Germanwatch, 2012
- This report analyses the extent to which countries have been affected by weather-related loss events. It warns that the window for putting the world on a track to stay below two degrees Celsius is rapidly closing and preparations must...
- Climate change, adaptation, and formal education: the role of schooling for increasing societies' adaptive capacities in El Salvador and Brazil
- C. Wamsler / Ecology and Society, 2012
- This paper examines the influence of formal education in determining the adaptive capacity of the residents of two low-income settlements where climate-related disasters are recurrent: Los Manantiales in San Salvador (El Salvador) and...
- Successful approach to tackling HIV stigma and discrimination in Mexico has been adapted for El Salvador
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2012
- The Vida Digna (Life with Dignity) programme is one of the first in Central America to address the high levels of stigma, discrimination and even violence faced by key populations. In Central America, stigma and discriminat...
- Indicators of Disaster Risk and Risk Management. El Salvador
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), 2011
- The purpose of the indicator system is to assess the vulnerability and risk, using national-level indicators to facilitate access to relevant information to enable them to identify and propose effective measures for risk management, c...
- Impact of Climate Change on Rural Salvadorian Farmers
- J. Dorrace / The George Washington University Medical Center, USA, 2011
- The objective of this consultancy is to explore climate change impacts on food supply and security as well as on hazards that threaten subsistence farmers in El Salvador. The GWU Capstone Team (team) was tasked with conducting a field...
- Climate Risk Assessment for the Intersectoral Program on Food and Nutrition Security in El Salvador
- M. E. Asenso-Okyere 2010
- The document is a climate assessment conducted for the Intersectoral Program on Food and Nutrition Security (ISAN), and is divided into two parts: (1) analysis of potential risks to achieving the objectives outlined in ISAN, consideri...
- Climate Risk Assessment for the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) El Salvador 2007 - 2011
- M. T. Gutiérrez 2009
- The climate screening performed for the UNDAF-El Salvador is reflected through two analysis: the possible risks to achieving the objectives outlined in the UNDAF considering climate change impacts and the assessment of the potential c...
- Proyecto “Gestión del Agua para la Adaptación” (Brochure)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (World Conservation Union), 2011
- The objective of the Water Management Adaptation Project is to build capacity for good governance and adaptation to climate change through applied research, awareness, public participation and demonstrative experiences, fo...
- El proceso de Preparación para REDD+ en Mesoamérica: Actores, tendencias y temas críticos
- N. Cuellar / Programa Salvadoreño de investigación sobre desarrollo y medio mmbiente, 2011
- This report shows that the process of preparation for REDD in Mesoamerica is characterized for being relatively widespread, although there are enormous challenges regarding information, participation and consultation. In spite of the ...