Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Envisioning the future and learning from the past: adapting to a changing environment in northern Mali
- M. Brockhaus; H. Djoudi (ed); B. Locatelli (ed) / Elsevier, 2013
- In West Africa, rural livelihoods that dependon natural resources develop coping and adapting strategies to face climate variability or change, and economic or political changes. The former Lake Faguibine in northern Mali has experienced dr...
- Final Impact Evaluation of the Saving for Change Program in Mali, 2009-2012
- Saving for Change (SfC) is a community savings group programme designed and implemented by Oxfam America, Freedom from Hunger, and the Strømme Foundation. SfC operates in 13 countries in West Africa, Latin America and Asia. This res...
- Learning the Lessons? Assessing the response to the 2012 food crisis in the Sahel to build resilience for the future
- Oxfam, 2013
- In 2012, the Sahel region of West and Central Africa was once again hit by a severe food crisis, affecting over 18 million people at its peak. At the start of 2012, when the crisis began to unfold, many governments, donors and aid agencies ...
- Landscape Analysis: Assessing Countries'Readiness to Scale up Nutrition Actions in the WHO African Region
- This paper assessed strengths and weaknesses in combating malnutrition in nine Sub-Saharan Africa nations with high stunting burden (Burkina-Faso, Comoros, Coted’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique and South Africa) in ter...
- Conflict and Stabilisation in Mali and the Sahel region: GSDRC Helpdesk Research Report
- Sumedh Rao (ed) / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre, 2013
- The report covers factors including: Islamist terrorism; criminal networks and trafficking (of arms, drugs, cigarettes, and vehicles); and Tuareg rebellions against the Malian government. It also considers state weakness, including the weak...
- Multi-level governance and adaptive capacity in West Africa
- M. Brockhaus / International Journal of the Commons, 2012
- In West Africa, many livelihoods depend on forest ecosystem goods and services, often in interplay with agricultural and livestock production systems. Climate change adds a new dimension to an already demanding situation in which governance...
- The adoption of a national Community-Based Health Insurance strategy in Mali
- C. Mbengue; K. Senauer; F. Rosensweig / Health Systems 20/20, 2012
- This briefing paper examines the process of scaling up a community-based health insurance (CBHI) programme in Mali to make it a formal national straegy for CBHI, and examines the success factors in CBHI strategy development. For more than ...
- The climate investment funds: in action
- African Development Bank, 2012
- The Climate Investment Fund (CIF) provides developing countries with concessional loans, equity, grants and risk mitigation instruments to leverage financing from multilateral banks, the private sector and other sectors. The African Develop...
- Facts on Ecofarm
- J. B. Aune / Drylands Coordination Group, Norway, 2012
- The Sahel countries face a range of problems from low food insecurity to environmental problems like climate change and soil degradation. The Ecofarm project was undertaken in Mali, Sudan and Ethiopia to address these problems through testi...
- Evaluation of the Drylands Coordination Group’s activities in Mali, Ethiopia and Sudan, 2007-2011
- L. E. Torheim / Drylands Coordination Group, Norway, 2011
- The Drylands Coordination Group (DCG) is a NORAD-funded network of various non-governmental organizations, research institutions and government institutions focusing on food security related development issues in the dryland areas of Africa...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy