Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Fighting corruption by improving transparency and access to information
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2013
- Using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), in the last decades countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Paraguay have designed and created electronic platforms that make information about...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodríguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...
- Improving security and justice through security sector reform
- N. Bagayoko-Penone / Eldis Gateway to Development and Environment Information, 2010
- Since the late 1990s, security sector reform (SSR) has emerged as a principal activity for promoting peace and stability, and a priority for donors in post-conflict countries. This issue of insights explores the concept of SSR as a co...
- Strong links between freedom of the press and economic growth in Latin America
- H. Alberro / Centro para la Apertura y el Desarollo de América Latina / Centre for the Opening and Development of, 2008
- This report seeks to disentangle and analyse the relationship between indicators of press freedom, economic liberty and economic development in Latin America. It considers press freedom and economic development in a historical perspec...
- Methods to measure the quality of medical advice in low-income countries need improvement
- J Das; J Hammer; K Leonard / World Bank, 2008
- This paper from the World Bank provides an overview of recent work on measuring the quality of medical care in four low- and middle-income countries: India, Indonesia, Tanzania, and Paraguay. The authors describe methods of testing an...
- Survey of democratic governance-2007
- Freedom House, 2007
- ‘Countries at the Crossroads’ is an annual survey of democratic governance in 30 strategically important countries worldwide, brought out by Freedom House. This year’s survey covers Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Bhuta...
- Impact of globalisation on indigenous Latin America
- B. Bell; J. Houghton / Global Policy Forum, 2004
- This paper addresses the impact of recent globalisation trends on indigenous Latin America. It particularly focuses on the effects on autonomy, control over natural resources, and displacement. The authors argue that globa...
- Are countries meeting their commitments to preserve, protect and restore forest biodiversity?
- M. Lovera; S. Gauntlett, (ed); A. Laletin, (ed) / Convention on Biological Diversity, 2008
- This paper assesses what progress different countries have made over recent years on preserving, protecting and restoring forest biological diversity. Specifically, the report presents the findings of research undertaken in 22 countri...
- The importance of impact evaluation in pilot cash transfer projects
- F. Veras Soares; R. Perez Ribas; G. Hirata / International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth, 2008
- The International Poverty Centre (IPC) has recently undertaken an impact evaluation of the pilot of Tekoporã, a Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme in Paraguay. Previously, IPC analysed the logical framework of this progr...
- Global Forest Coalition
- Fundación Paraguaya, Paraguay
- Non-profit organisation providing education and loan programmes in Paraguay
- Economía, Comunicación, Información, Paraguay (ECI)
- Development and economics consultancy.
- DESARROLLO- Instituto de Capacitación y Estudios
- Research and training institute focussing on economic and social development, particularly related to Paraguay
- Centro de Análisis y Difusión de Economía Paraguaya (CADEP)
- The Centro de Análisis y Difusión de Economía Paraguaya (CADEP) is a non-government organization, founded in 1990, devoted to research, publication and advisory services on economic and social issues. Its areas of specialization are: macro-economic analysis and public policy; external trade and integration; employment and labor market; and local government. CADEP is member of the following regio...