How social protection can help education outcomes for poor people
- From social assistance to social development: targeted education subsidies in developing countries
- S. Morley; D. Coady / Center for Global Development, USA 2003
- A joint project of the Center for Global Development and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), this book compiles published and unpublished material on existing conditioned transfer for education (CTE) programs and...
- PROGRESA and its impacts on the welfare of rural households in Mexico
- E. Skoufias / International Food Policy Research Institute 2005
- In early 1998, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) was asked to assist the PROGRESA administration to "determine if PROGRESA is functioning in practice as it is intended to by design". This document synthesises th...
- Can low income countries afford basic social protection?: first results of a modelling exercise
- K. Pal; C. Behrendt; F. Leger; M. Cichon; K. Hagemejer / International Labour Organization 2005
- This report presents the methodology and the results of a modelling exercise that demonstrates that basic social protection benefits are not out of reach for low-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, even though some international a...
- Minimum Income for School Attendance (MISA) initiative: achieving international development goals in African least developed countries
- International Labour Organization 2001
- In some Latin American countries, an innovative approach has been introduced to reduce poverty, to enhance the human capital of the poor and to combat child labour. The approach involves providing a minimum income to the poorest and m...
- The pilot social cash transfer scheme: Kalomo District, Zambia
- B. Schubert / Chronic Poverty Research Centre, UK 2005
- This working paper, published by the UK Chronic Poverty Research Centre (CPRC), reviews and analyses the Kalomo Pilot Social Cash Transfer Scheme in Zambia. The scheme targeted households suffering critical levels of food poverty and ...
- Using social transfers to scale up equitable access to education and health services
- K. Chapman / Department for International Development, UK 2006
- This paper focuses on the impact of one form of demand-side policy option social transfers, particularly cash transfers and vouchers - on access to health and education services by the extreme poor. It also touches upon the bro...