Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Learning the Lessons? Assessing the response to the 2012 food crisis in the Sahel to build resilience for the future
- Oxfam, 2013
- In 2012, the Sahel region of West and Central Africa was once again hit by a severe food crisis, affecting over 18 million people at its peak. At the start of 2012, when the crisis began to unfold, many governments, donors and aid age...
- The double burden of malnutrition and cardiometabolic risk widens the gender and socio-economic health gap: a study among adults in Burkina Faso (West Africa)
- A.N. Zeba; H.F. Delisle; G. Renier / Université de Montréal Public Health Research Institute, 2012
- This study is a population-based cross-sectional observational study which aims to document the double burden of malnutrition and cardiometabolic risk factors (CMRF) in adults in Ougadougou, Burkina Faso and its occurrence according t...
- Children Malnutrition and Horizontal Inequalities in Sub-Saharan Africa:A Focus on Contrasting Domestic Trajectories
- V. Garcia / United Nations Development Programme, 2012
- The positive trend observed in recent accelerated economic growth in sub-Saharan African countries represents a huge opportunity to foster sustainable development, This paper contributes to the literature by providing a more accurate ...
- Landscape Analysis: Assessing Countries'Readiness to Scale up Nutrition Actions in the WHO African Region
- This paper assessed strengths and weaknesses in combating malnutrition in nine Sub-Saharan Africa nations with high stunting burden (Burkina-Faso, Comoros, CotedIvoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique and South Afr...
- Africa Adaptation Programme knowledge management needs survey report 2012
- A. Egan 2012
- This report is a broad assessment of the knowledge needs of the Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) countries. It hopes to help these countries capture, share and capitalise on the wealth of climate- and development-related knowledge av...
- Multi-level governance and adaptive capacity in West Africa
- M. Brockhaus / International Journal of the Commons, 2012
- In West Africa, many livelihoods depend on forest ecosystem goods and services, often in interplay with agricultural and livestock production systems. Climate change adds a new dimension to an already demanding situation in which gove...
- The climate investment funds: in action
- African Development Bank, 2012
- The Climate Investment Fund (CIF) provides developing countries with concessional loans, equity, grants and risk mitigation instruments to leverage financing from multilateral banks, the private sector and other sectors. The African D...
- Social protection for food security: A report by the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition
- Social protection has risen rapidly up the development policy agenda in the last decade. There is also a clear trend to making social protection, as well as food security, rights-based rather than discretionary...
- L’Économie Politique du Succès de la Filière Coton au Burkina Faso: Entre Paradoxes et ...
- Loada, A. / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2012
- FAC document de travail no. 41 par Augustin Loada Le présent article porte sur léconomie politique de la filière coton au Burkina Faso. Si lhistoire du succès économique de ce...
- ICTs for Education:Impact and lessons learned from IICD-supported activities
- International Institute for Communication and Development, 2007
- This impact study is part of a series of publications on the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in various sectors in developing countries. It describes the experiences, achievements and lessons learned of the Inter...