Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Open and distance learning, blended learning, and administration and management practices in ICTs
- UNESCO Bangkok: Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, 2011
- This is a research study on the use of ICT for higher education in the Asia and Pacific region. This publication highlights the results from case studies that investigated the use of ICT in three areas: open and distance learning; ble...
- Pensions in Asia and the Pacific
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 2012
- In addition to giving insights on the sustainability of public pensions and the pressures they face with the mounting demographic issues, Pensions at a Glance – Asia/Pacific Edition 2011 aims to enhance interaction between OECD ...
- Benefiting from market access opportunities
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2005
- Developing countries cannot achieve sustainable growth and poverty reduction unless they integrate into the world economy. Trade reforms are necessary, but not enough to maximise the potential benefits of trade. Negotiations at the WT...
- Trade unions and labour laws around the world
- Baker and McKenzie, 2010
- This book looks at the current state of works councils and trade unions for 33 countries around the world. Topics include: collective bargaining unfair labour practices trade union employe...
- Enhancing transparency in Hong Kong garment company supply chains
- CSR Asia, 2009
- This report examines transparency in Hong Kong garment sector supply chain operations to provide an update of their overall performance, and any key developments facing Hong Kong companies. The research covers five categori...
- Defining the CSR priorities of businesses and stakeholders in Hong Kong
- R. Welford; C. Chan; M. Man / CSR Asia, 2008
- In order to define what corporate social responsibility (CSR) means to a company, it needs to engage with its stakeholders and take into account their needs and aspirations when designing CSR strategies and programmes.This report iden...
- Asia will not age gracefully unless difficult policy choices are made very soon
- J. Menon; A. Melendez-Nakamura / Asian Development Bank, 2009
- Within the next few decades, Asia is poised to become the oldest region in the world; reforming policies and creating new structures and institutions to address this challenge is a huge and complex undertaking that requires a big head...
- How do Hang Seng listed companies address corporate social responsibility?
- R. Welford; J. Dixon / Oxfam Hong Kong, 2008
- This paper discusses the findings of a survey on how companies listed on the Hang Seng Index practice their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies. The paper notes that companies listed on the Hang Seng Index collectively have...
- What Asia must do to ensure sustainable pensions?
- A. Reilly (ed); E. Whitehouse (ed) / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 2009
- Asia's pension systems need modernising urgently to ensure that they are financially sustainable and will provide adequate retirement incomes. A core concern of this study is the social sustainability of pensions - the future ad...
- Market distortions, housing finance agencies and subsidies in Asia
- M. Davies; J. Gyntelberg; E. Chan / Bank for International Settlements, 2006
- This paper examines the role of government-supported housing finance agencies in seven Asian countries - Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The nature and size of the government subsidies received by the...