Senegal and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Evaluating Tostan’s community empowerment programme: finding out what works to prevent gender-based violence in Senegal
- Program for Appropriate Technology in Health, 2012
- PATH is currently conducting a four year evaluation of a community based health and human rights awareness initiative called the Community Empowerment Programme. PATH is examining the programme’s impact on gender based violence,...
- Common ground In Bangladesh, Ghana, Nepal, Senegal and Trinidad and Tobago
- Women’s Environment and Development Organisation, 2008
- These five case studies bring to the fore issues women in these countries face and how they are further complicated by the impacts of climate change. Each country page begins with an overview of the national circumstances with respect...
- Obstacles and opportunities in the use of ICTs by resource-poor farmers, women and youth in ACP countries
- N. Hafkin; H. Hodame / International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (World Conservation Union), 2002
- This report examines the digital divide that exists between developing nations of Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific and the rest of the world. The report highlights the following issues: Gender, ICTs and agri...
- Climate change and sub-Saharan Africa: points of vulnerability and potential for adaptation
- H. Connor; L. Mqadi; P. Mukheibir / HELIO International, 2007
- Africa is vulnerable to climate change on two fronts: firstly, because of existing vulnerabilities and secondly, due to capacity limitations for disaster mitigation and inability to adapt to climate change. There is an urgent nee...
- Involving women in fisheries and coastal resource management
- A. Soumare / Gender and Water Alliance, 2008
- During the last twenty years pressure on marine resources in Senegal has increased so significantly that fish have become scarce. Despite their involvement in the use of coastal and marine resources around the world, many women face b...
- Revisiting key concepts of gender justice, citizenship and development
- M, Mukhopadhyay; N, Singh / International Development Research Centre, 2007
- This paper presents a collaborative piece of work aimed at contributing towards current efforts to re-energise and re-politicise the gender equality agenda in international development. The purpose is to re-visit concepts, review and ...
- Rexamine liberalistation programmes in a gendered context
- L.L. Pheko / AfricaFiles, 2007
- The Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) imply improved job security, livelihoods, well-being and human rights, but for whom? The author contends that gender impacts of liberalisation of EPAs are seldom considered. This review exami...
- Building gender equality into the aid effectiveness agenda
- United Nations Development Fund for Women, 2006
- In line with the increasing emphasis on aid effectiveness, including promoting new partnerships for channeling aid, this paper reports on the extent to which gender equality is and should be part of this agenda. The report reflects co...
- Addressing rural girls’ needs: strategies for programme managers and policy makers
- F. Maïga; A Shire / Family Care International, 2005
- This briefing kit presents the results and recommendations of participatory research conducted with rural girls, boys, their families and local leaders in three rural communities: Soula, Burkina Faso, MBiénina, Mali, and ...
- USAID works with local communities and global activists to end female genital cutting
- US Agency for International Development, 2003
- This short paper offers a brief background of the practice of female genital cutting (FGC), and then explores USAID policies to end the practice. The report then details USAID's programming approaches to end FGC. As of September 2000,...
- Association of African Women for Research and Development / Association des Femmes Africaines pour la Recherche et le Développement (AFARD) (AAWORD)
- Pan-African research and training organisation focusing on gender