To provide administrative support to the GCRF Centre on Sustainable, Healthy and Learning Cities and Neighbourhoods (CSHLC), a new four-year project funded by the GCRF/RCUK.
The role supports the Centre Senior Business Manager, Directors and the management team by undertaking key administrative processes and procedures of behalf of SHLC.Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To undertake administrative functions in support of the activities of the SHLC. These will include: maintaining project records; processing and managing routine expenses from across the project including these from international partners including the resolution of issues and expense queries; diary management and modest PA support for the Directors of SHLC and the senior business manager; arranging meetings, preparing agenda and associated papers; taking notes and preparing action minutes and monitoring completion of said actions by agreed deadlines.
2. To be the first point of contact for the centre. Undertake reception duties, respond to telephone queries and receive, (re)direct and action incoming enquiries through correspondence, email or in person and resolve issues independently where possible. Where appropriate the post holder will be expected to answer and respond to enquiries on behalf of the Directors, and in so doing act in a confidential manner.
3. To provide effective administration for the organisation of events including: sourcing and arranging travel and accommodation; sourcing and booking rooms and additional contributors as necessary; preparing information packs; administering events bookings and assisting participants, and in so doing acting as the main point of contact for event attendees; and providing cost alternatives for catering, promotional materials, and visits liaising with third party suppliers as necessary.
4. To provide administrative assistance in support of research activities, including travel arrangements for the team, ensuring the accurate collation and curation of research data and effective and secure management of project data management.
4. To support the social media and web related activities by updating the content of the project web pages, and ensuring that the information contained in the pages is accurate and up-to-date.
5. Responsible for maintaining accurate project records (including evaluation, feedback, risk assessment and management records), routine finances and databases and ensuring any anomalies are investigated and corrected as necessary.
6. To provide effective administrative and IT support to assist with the development and submission of bids for external funding. ensuring that bids are fully evidenced, contain all required supporting information, and are submitted to funder deadlines.