Business Forum Facilitator
- 34th Australia Papua New Guinea Business Forum and Trade Expo, 30th April - 2nd May 2018 in Brisbane
- Short term services, inputs of approx. 10 days
- Role classified under the ARF
Australia Awards – Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and PNG. It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia, and the provision of in-PNG scholarships.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program fosters people-to-people links between Australia and PNG and ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The Awards program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
Australia Awards – PNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Fellowships – Papua New Guinea (short courses) for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, there are currently four activity streams: 1) Australia Awards; 2) PNG and Pacific Awards; 3) Alumni Engagement; and 4) Professional Development and Partnerships. Australia Awards – PNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
As part of its On-Award Enrichment program, AAPNG is seeking to recruit an experienced facilitator to support ten Australia Awards Scholarship recipients from the private and government sector to participate in the 34th Australia Papua New Guinea Business Forum (click here for more information).
The objectives are to:
- Increase recipients understanding of the opportunities and challenges to sustainable private-sector development and economic growth in PNG.
- Enable recipients to reflect on knowledge gained and identify learnings linked to their professional and/or employment objectives in PNG.
- Provide recipients with the opportunity to develop links with individuals and organisations supporting private sector development in PNG and the Australia-PNG bilateral business relationship.
The Business Forum Facilitator is required to ensure recipients are prepared for their participation in the Forum, have a tailored experience related to their professional/employment objectives and gain maximum benefit in terms of their professional and network development.
Candidates will need a strong practical knowledge of the current issues in PNG private sector development and economic growth, combined with experience facilitating workshops and individual and group learning, with the ability to mentor leaders. Your extensive networks with individuals and organisations from the PNG private sector, and those supporting private sector development in PNG and the Australia-PNG bilateral business relationship, will ensure success. Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian Government Aid Program and Australia Awards is highly desirable.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495884.
Applications close 5.00pm (Brisbane time) Monday, March 5th2018
For further enquiries please contact: email@example.com