Case and Outreach Worker
KAFA is a feminist Lebanese non-profit civil society organization working towards eradicating all forms of gender-based violence and exploitation of women and girls through advocating for legal reform and change of policies and practices, influencing public opinion, and empowering victims.
Scope of work:
The holder of this position will be mainly providing assistance and support to women and girls victims (or at risk) of trafficking and exploitation, as well as conducting outreach and prevention actions on the group and community levels. The Case and Outreach Worker will be based in Beirut with frequent trips to the field.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
On the individual level:
- Provide crisis intervention and long term support to victims such as assessing imminent risks and needs, developing a safety plan, providing supportive counseling, coordinating with resource persons, etc.;
- Assist the victim in obtaining the desired services or undertaking the necessary measures such as approaching authorities, attending a police or judicial investigation, seeking medical examination, etc.;
- Liaise and coordinate with external services providers to ensure a comprehensive support to the victim;
- Ensure that victims are dealt with understanding, sensitivity, and empathy;
- Make sure to respect the confidentiality rule when dealing with victims, and to abide by the established KAFA’s guidelines for dealing with sexual and gender-based violence and exploitation victims ;
- Be regularly available and reachable outside regular working hours to address emergencies.
On the group and community level:
- Conduct frequent field visits to relevant communities or groups at risk on regular basis;
- Initiate contact with victims and people at risk and offer support and assistance;
- Assess the needs of these communities and groups and propose ideas for awareness or other psycho-social activities;
- Design and conduct awareness and psychosocial activities;
- Attend community or groups’ event when relevant.
On the institutional level:
- Maintain regular communication with the management in order to ensure a coordinated response and evaluate priorities of action;
- Prepare progress reports regularly, and ensure proper documentation and updating of the individual files of the cases;
- Represent KAFA in relevant forums and meetings;
- Abide by KAFA’s values, mission and vision, and policies.
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in social work, psychology, or related fields;
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience working with vulnerable groups and/or with women;
- Works with honesty and integrity;
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport in interpersonal relationships;
- High respect of and ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with challenging social problems and behaviors;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- High level of flexibility in terms of time and mobility and availability to work for long hours and at night time in case of emergency;
- Strong oral and written skills. Fluency in Arabic, French, and English is a must.
Location: Beirut with frequent trips to the field
Contract terms: The contract is for one year and is renewable upon the wish of the parties involved. A three-month probation period will be applied.
Submission guidelines: Interested candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Case and Outreach Worker no later than Monday the 29th of January 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.