Chief, Business Strategy & Partnerships
DC | C-Suite Business Strategy Pro | Passionate Team, Powerful Mission
ICRW is seeking a seasoned professional to serve as
Chief, Business Strategy & Partnerships
based in its Washington, DC office.
About the International Center for Research on Women…
Established in 1976, the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) espouses the universal principle of human dignity and works worldwide to advance gender equity, social inclusion and economic security.
Now in its fifth decade, ICRW has proudly served as the world’s leading applied research institutes tackling challenges facing women, girls and marginalized populations. Through its research, ICRW is constantly building evidence on barriers to women’s full engagement in social, political and economic life, and is discovering and documenting what works to advance an agenda centered on gender equity. ICRW is all about measurable impact.
ICRW is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with regional offices in New Delhi, India and Kampala, Uganda and virtual business hubs in Kenya, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Through its suite of research and technical advisory services, ICRW supports corporate and private sector partners, non-profit organizations and government agencies in achieving lasting organizational and social change related to gender equity and women’s advancement in the home, in communities and in the workplace.
Over the past ten years, ICRW has built a substantial corporate practice and counts among its clients Gap Inc., Mars, Goldman Sachs and ExxonMobil. Through its consulting arm, ICRW Advisors offers customizable services to address a corporation’s diverse needs and goals: gender diagnostics; strategic guidance; initiative design; impact measurement; and, training and capacity-building. ICRW Advisors manages the ICRW Corporate Circle, an exclusive engagement platform for senior executives charged with maximizing growth, expanding market share and establishing synergies for greater good.
ICRW is a strong, well-managed organization. Since the end of the economic downturn, ICRW has clocked seven consecutive years of growth and leverages a diversified funding base. Over the next three years, ICRW will seek to increase by half its current total annual budget.
Are you #allin4equality? Do you think you have what it takes?
This is a person who:
- is passionate about creating a gender equitable, prosperous and socially inclusive world;
- believes that metrics, data and research evidence should drive decision-making, policy formulation and investment strategy; and,
- values the role of an independent applied research center in driving positive change domestically and internationally.
References for this candidate will say that s/he:
- lives and breathes business strategy;
- constantly scans the horizon, seeking the firm’s next business opportunity;
- is an entrepreneur with a insatiable intellectual curiosity and an enviable network of contacts;
- thrives when working in teams, supports open and frequent communication, and has solid experience in leading teams to achieve business goals;
- knows how to close the deal;
- is a generous soul and excels at having fun while getting the job done; and,
- has probably already imagined new ways to leverage ICRW’s platform – while reading this job posting.
We anticipate top candidates will:
- hold a Master’s in Public Policy, Business Administration, International Development or a related discipline;
- bring 15+ years’ professional experience that includes some mix of domestic and international work, with solid grounding in the corporate or private sector and significant exposure to non-profit and/or philanthropic organizations;
- communicate fluently in English while proficient in another language; and,
- be able to travel in the United States and abroad up to 30% LOE.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Executive Team.
- You will work hand in glove with the President and CEO.
- You will collaborate closely with the Chief Research Officer, Regional Directors of ICRW Africa and ICRW Asia, and CFO and COO.
- You will direct a portfolio of inter-connected departments: business development & fundraising; ICRW Advisors; and global communications.
- You will sit on the Executive Team and the Global Senior Management Team.
- You will staff relevant committees of the Board of Directors and collaborate with members of ICRW’s Leadership Council.
You’re the pro. Tell us how you’d achieve the following:
- Grow ICRW’s global program of research in the Americas, the UK and Europe, South and Southeast Asia, Latin America and Australia.
- Build out the client base for ICRW Advisors and position it globally for thought leadership on how private enterprise can catalyze global goals on gender equality.
- Manage portfolio resources strategically, leveraging their operational value for the benefit of the institution.
- Work with leadership and staff to build new business lines and/or products and create viable options for long-term sustainability and impact across ICRW’s global platform.
Are you #allin4equality? Do you have what it takes? Apply now!
ICRW is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. ICRW is an E-Verify Employer.