Chief of Party, Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation Activity
Tetra Tech is seeking a Chief of Party to lead an anticipated five year USAID/Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation Activity. The Activity will increase access to urban water and sanitation services for residents in six Afghan cities serviced by the Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporation (AUWSSC) and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA). The Activity will also provide capacity building and technical assistance to AUWSSC at their Kabul headquarters and sub-offices.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the Activity and will coordinate closely with USAID and other donor organizations in developing and implementing the Activity’s overall strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, GIRoA and AUWSSC. The COP will provide comprehensive oversight and coordination between all Activity components and at all levels of intervention. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Kabul, Afghanistan for five years.
- Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful project implementation;
- Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas and lead communication and coordination with USAID, other donors and Afghan counterparts;
- Ensure the Activity meets all USAID contractual obligations, produces high quality deliverables, and achieves results through targeted technical interventions;
- Ensure adherence to Tetra Tech administrative procedures and coordinate closely with the Home Office management team to manage risk and quality of Activity programming;
- Oversee project communications, monitoring and evaluation, and learning;
- Organize and oversee employee ethics training and compliance.
- University post-graduate degree (masters/doctorate) in engineering, water resources management, public policy and administration, or another relevant field;
- At least ten years of senior management experience leading projects over $40 million; leadership of large USAID programs preferred;
- Experience implementing programs in Afghanistan or other post-conflict countries;
- Minimum of ten years of experience working on technical activities related to utility strengthening, water and sanitation infrastructure, municipal service delivery, and infrastructure planning and development. Experience facilitating public-private partnerships, performance-based contracts, and public procurements in the water, sanitation and energy sectors is strongly desired;
- Experience managing a diverse and decentralized project team located in multiple field offices;
- Professional Fluency in English required; proficiency in Dari and Pashto is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2DLnd5M
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.