Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, FEWS NET (Famine Early Warning Systems Network)
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party positions for the FEWS NET (Famine Early Warning Systems Network) Task Order. This Task Order is designed to deliver early warning of hazards, food insecurity, vulnerability to food insecurity, and famine to the US Government and USAID, and to national governments and regional, international and non-governmental organizations. The project will be led by a headquarters office in Washington D.C. and implemented with support from over 20 country and regional project offices located in Africa and Latin America, building capacity to forecast food security and other relevant conditions in these countries. The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall technical leadership, in-country management of the staff, and achieving expected project results, directly supported by the Deputy Chief of Party. They will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary.
These positions will be based in Arlington, Virginia.
- Serve as principal liaisons on program communications and technical implementation activities with USAID and other USG partners, including NASA, NOAA, USDA, and USGS, multiple governments, international organizations, including WFP and FAO, and country-level stakeholders;
- Ensure successful collaboration and integration of technical implementation activities across all implementing partners;
- Provide technical and intellectual direction, leadership, and support;
- Develop and oversee early warning and food security information products;
- Develop work plans for project activities;
- Provide timely and accurate reporting and written and oral presentations to USAID on all program areas;
- Coordinate program activities with other donors, international organizations and NGOs;
- Oversee all financial and administrative processes; and
- Manage, lead, and oversee all staff in achieving project results; oversee the planning process and produce a strategic plan for project deliverables.
- Minimum of a graduate degree in agriculture, economics, public policy, business administration, or a related field;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in agriculture, agricultural economics, rural development; early warning, food security assessment and scenario modeling methodologies; climate sciences; emergency humanitarian response planning; analysis of remote-sensing imagery; economics; or nutrition; or field(s) closely related to food security required with at least 5 of those years abroad;
- Minimum of 8 years of senior-level experience in managing complex multi-country programs required, including prior Chief of Party, Team Leader, or Technical Director experience with outstanding project management, leadership, change/ transformation management, and strong technical skills;
- Demonstrated experience working with senior host-country counterparts and international organizations (WFP, FAO); knowledge of regional food security networks in the Sahel and East Africa regions preferred;
- Successful experience leading data, information technology, and technology-driven innovation activities preferred;
- Prior experience leading capacity-building initiatives on technical areas related to food security, behavior change communications, or information management;
- Experience developing or leading communications and outreach programs desirable;
- Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
- Outstanding intercultural communications skills;
- Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in French and/or Spanish preferred; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2C0DWk6
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.