Chief of Party (Ghana)
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing a five-year USAID Partnership for Education: Evaluating Systems project, with the goal to support the Ghana Ministry of Education (MOE), Ghana Education Service (GES) and other local organizations to create effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks, and encourage learning through impact and performance evaluations.
Major areas of support will include:
1. Providing technical assistance and capacity building support to MOE, GES and its development partners to help develop a systematic, coordinated and responsive monitoring and evaluation system that supports implementation of the Government of Ghana's Education Strategic Plan 2010-2020 (ESP).
2. Creating a harmonized monitoring and evaluation operational framework that supports the implementation of the ESP.
3. Undertaking impact and performance evaluations that promote evidence-based decision making in the education sector, with an emphasis on primary school reading.
SI is seeking a full-time Chief of Party to provide vision, direction, and overall leadership to the team in all areas of this contract including technical assistance, financial oversight, training, and overall support. This is a full-time position through September 2019.
- Serve as the Contractor Representative in Ghana and will be responsible for the activities of all long and short-term personnel.
- Work closely with USAID/Ghana’s Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for smooth implementation of the Activity.
- Meet with USAID on a regular basis and represent the project before USAID/Ghana, MOE, GES, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs and community groups for smooth implementation.
- Mentor, support and supervise 8 project staff and directly manage the key technical team.
- Facilitate the development of annual project work plans and budgets and ensure the timely submission and quality of all project reports, materials, and publications, compliant with the contract agreement.
- Ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensuring accurate and timely management of finances, approve all expenses and sign off on monthly financial reports to headquarters.
- With contracts team, ensure SI and USAID procurement policies and guidelines are followed.
- Ensure program implementation in line with the contract and USAID rules and regulations.
- A Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in social sciences or other related discipline.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and project management of programs of similar scope and requirements in developing countries, preferably five (5) of those 10 years would be experience gained in Africa implementing international donors-funded programs.
- Previous experience in the education sector with an understanding of the technical elements of country wide policy on literacy, numeracy and teacher retention a plus.
- Previous experience working closely with host country ministries and their staff a plus.
- Previous experience as project director or similar positions with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, other contractors and international organizations and donors.
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.