Communications and Change Management Adviser
- Opportunity for an experienced communications and change management professional to support whole of government reform in Fiji
- 12 month full time contract
- Based in Suva, Fiji. Some travel within Fiji will be required.
- Start date late 2018 / early January 2019
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its Education, Health and Scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its Scholarship and Education programs in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the Civil Society Sector in Fiji and delivery of Australia’s emergency response efforts following natural disasters, as well as Governance sector support when requested by the Fijian Government.
The Civil Service Reform Management Unit (CSRMU) manages and implements a range of reforms across the civil service in Fiji and is seeking an adviser to support Permanent Secretaries to implement appropriate communications and change management strategies to achieve understanding and full implementation of all aspects of the Civil Service Reforms.
The company managing the Facility on behalf of the Australian Government, Coffey, is recruiting the position of Communications and Change Management Adviser on behalf of the CSRMU. The Adviser will report to the Director, CSRMU.
The Communications and Change Management Adviser will work at a whole of government level, as well as with individual Ministries in Fiji to provide technical advice and support in developing and implementing communications and change management strategies for the successful implementation and embedding of all new guidelines. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the CSRMU to develop whole of government change and communication strategies to develop better understanding of the benefits of the reforms and actions required at all levels
- Following approval of the whole of government strategies, work with Permanent Secretaries to adapt the strategies to suit individual Ministries.
- Develop change and communication implementation plans for each Ministry, including communication materials
- Develop tools to assist Ministries to monitor progress
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in Communications, Change Management or a similar field and will demonstrate significant experience successfully implementing communication and change management strategies, including managing resistance to change, preferably in a public sector environment. Proven experience in developing positive communication materials and tools to achieve sustainable change will be required. An excellent ability to engage effectively and develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders from varying backgrounds and levels is required for success. Previous experience in Fiji or the Pacific will be highly regarded.
This position is classified Category D Level 3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 497442.
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 26 October 2018.
Coffey,a Tetra Tech company, through the Facility, is supporting the recruitment of this position on behalf of the Fijian Government Civil Service Reform Management Unit