The Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) is a professional network established in 2015 to serve as a platform for the promotion of excellence and collaboration in early childhood development, influencing policy and practice through advocacy, strengthened partnership and sharing of experience and knowledge. The Africa ECD network focuses primarily on strengthening the capacity of national and regional civil society organization network to better advocate for increased prioritization and resource allocation to ECD. To achieve this, AfECN focuses on the following four strategic goals:
- Strengthened networking amongst CSO’s
- Enhanced advocacy
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- Improved practice
- Leadership development.
To ensure efficient, inclusive and scalable practice, AfECN seeks to recruit a Communications Officer to assist in the development and implementation of organisation wide communication strategy.
- Edit, proof read documents, write articles and other communication products as required for the various audiences eg the donors, partners etc
- Participate in program activities both locally and regionally to support in the documentation of the events / findings and communicating outcomes
- Work closely with photographers, designers and publishers to ensure that the communication products are produced in a timely manner
- Manage public awareness initiatives and promotional activities
- Create the presence of the organization on social media for awareness
- Maintain a publications inventory and provide online materials for uploading on the website
- Keep up to date with current communication trends and advise the management on cost effective ways to improve communication
- Monitoring RSS feeds from the blogs of AfECN partners and other requested parties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in developing communication products
- Excellent communication, organisational and documentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages
- Basic knowledge skills in desktop publishing, HTML, photography and photo editing
Position location: Sub-Saharan Africa
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV expressing your interest to email@example.com and indicate the position title in the subject of the email by 30 August 2017. Also indicate your current and expected salary. Successful applicants shall be contacted and invited for an interview.