Communications Strategy Coordinator
- Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Duration: 12-15 months, provincial travel will be required
The Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP) is supporting the Government of Vanuatu’s goals of improving education quality, providing more equitable access to education and ensuring a well-managed education system. The program is currently focused on improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for children in the early years of primary education. VESP is supported by donor partners under a Joint Partnership Arrangement between the Governments of Vanuatu, Australia and New Zealand.
Coffey through VESP is seeking applications for the position of Communications Strategy Coordinator to join this program.
The Communications Strategy Coordinator will have primary responsibility for delivering an ongoing, coordinated approach to internal and external communications related to the key initiatives of the program. The role will focus on capturing activity outcomes and determining the best methodologies for sharing lessons learned and experiences with all stakeholders involved in the program.
The Communications Strategy Coordinator will:
- Assist the Ministry of Education and Training to implement an integrated communication/community advocacy program in support of the key goals of the program
- Develop activities to build awareness of, and identify entry points and engagement with communities and stakeholders
- Ensure the program pursues appropriate public diplomacy opportunities
- Develop quality promotional materials in line with appropriate guidelines for the program
- Support the Secretariat Manager in providing effective and timely communication, including appropriate briefing materials with program partners
- Work with the VESP M&E adviser to incorporate M&E into all promotional activities
- Work closely with Coffey’s communications team to maintain an up-to-date understanding of the VESP program with Coffey internal and external stakeholders
We are seeking applicants with tertiary qualifications in journalism, media, marketing or a related field. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in communication and public relations, particularly with civil society organisations or community advocacy programs. You will have skills in planning and delivering quality communications using a range of media relevant to the Vanuatu context as well as having experience in providing advice and training within the area of media and communications. A high level of oral and written skills in Bislama and English is essential. The successful candidate will have also have demonstrated gender awareness and cultural sensitivity and the capacity to mainstream cross-cutting themes into VESP communications, including gender equality, violence against women, people with disabilities, access equity, child protection and good governance.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495459.
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) 18th August 2017
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org