Consultant - Education
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions.
Our Education team is growing quickly and is currently providing MEL services to a range of clients, including the Global Partnership for Education, the UK Government and the Swedish government, across a range of regions. Our projects range from designing complex M&E systems for multi-million pound initiatives, to providing strategic advice to programmes and organisations, and to conducting long-term, multi-country impact evaluations.
We are looking for a Consultant to join the Education team and support our existing MEL work and pursue new opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the Education team and be actively involved in developing proposals and bids.
The role is based in our offices in Hove (East Sussex) but with travel within the UK and internationally
- Manage the high-quality delivery of a range of technical MEL assignments by working pro-actively with internal and external teams, including associate consultants and partner organisations
- Ensure information and learning is captured and shared throughout assignment delivery to enable efficient and effective decision making
- Ensure that assignments are managed on time and to budget, and within agreed company financial frameworks
- Identify and mitigate risks and challenges to the successful delivery of projects
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging opportunities, trends and ideas within the Education space.
- As agreed with the Theme Lead, seek out and pursue new business opportunities and assess business leads identified by Business Development & Marketing to determine their commercial viability
- Work with the Business Development & Marketing team in the production of EOIs and Proposals, including identifying suitable external associates for project teams and consortia where appropriate
- Proactively develop and maintain a professional network with clients, partners, external associates and like-minded organisations, leveraging opportunities to build external profile as a subject matter expert
Professional Expertise & Key Competencies
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD in Social Science, economics or development related discipline
- Demonstrated experience of working on MEL assignments in education is essential
- Demonstrated MEL technical expertise and experience of evaluating education programmes and policies in developing countries
- Experience in contributing to MEL assignments for an international client, in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency or think-tank
- Technical expertise in qualitative or quantitative methodologies and data analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in one or more other UN language is an advantage
Please submit all applications via the recruitment portal here: https://itadltd.bamboohr.co.uk/applicant_tracking/index.php/viewPosition?id=49
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 6th December and we will be interviewing successful candidates during the week of 11th December.
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.