Cost Proposal Specialist, United States
Tetra Tech ARD (http://tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting applications from qualified Cost Proposal Specialist candidates. The Cost Proposal Specialist works closely with technical staff in developing cost proposals, detailed budgets, and budget realignments for international development projects, primarily those of USAID. The Cost Proposal Specialist is engaged at various points in the business cycle and works under the general supervision of the Director of Cost and Pricing, with oversight from the Vice President of Operations.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
- Develop and prepare complex cost proposals in response to customer requirements. In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals to USAID and other clients;
- Under the Director of Cost & Pricing’s direction, conduct contract negotiations with customer on contracts where performing as the Cost Lead;
- Assist technical Staff in completing budget realignments and costed modifications;
- Prepare supporting documentation for long- and short-term cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, financial information, etc.;
- Provide cost advice to proposal teams in conjunction with proposal objectives;
- Negotiate budgetary items with subcontractors with guidance from technical staff and maintain Tetra Tech ARD reputation throughout negotiating process;
- Present draft proposal budgets for cost proposal reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review;
- Refine budget templates and narratives as necessary;
- Assist in development and enforcement of compliance with the company’s cost and pricing processes and procedures;
- Facilitate trainings to staff related to cost and pricing and business compliance; and
- Associated duties as requested by the Director of Cost and Pricing or the Vice President of Operations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field required;
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in new business development required. Candidates with extensive experience in cost proposal development may qualify for a senior-level designation;
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel, particularly budget development and formula utilization;
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
- Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
- Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
- A current CV in reverse chronological format; and
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Apply online at: http://ow.ly/UoxA30kUjud
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innooxA30kUjudvative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.