Country Director - Colombia
War Child Holland’s programme in Colombia
War Child Holland (WCH) is active in Colombia since 2005. The objective of the programme is to improve the protection, psychosocial wellbeing and education of children and youth affected by the armed conflict in Colombia. WCH currently supports (financially and technically) 7 local NGO´s and the organization is in the phase of self-implementation and growth. War Child has projects in the following regions of Colombia: Cundinamarca (Bogota), Choco, Putumayo and Cauca.
War Child is in the process of expanding the country programme (up scaling). The Country Director (CD) is based in the office in Bogota and bears the overall responsibility for the country programme in Colombia, which is implemented through local partners and implemented by War Child directly. The CD directly manages a team of local staff. The CD reports to the Head of Field Operations based at headquarters in Amsterdam.
You are responsible for the realisation of War Child’s country programme in Colombia. As the Country Director you will develop the long term strategy and implement accordingly.
The current conflict in the country, sudden changes in the context, make working in Colombia challenging.
War Child’s country programme in Colombia has been growing and consists of projects funded by a range of donors and is carried out in collaboration with different partners. As the Country Director you will be responsible for building strategic partnerships.
You also have the final and overall responsibility for Finance Management, Logistics Management, Human Resources Management and management of staff.
• An experienced and inspiring leader;
• At least 15 years relevant experience in an international/humanitarian context of which 8 years in a senior management position (e.g. as Representative or Country director);
• Experience in security management and context analyses;
• Experience in Latin America and preferably Colombia;
• Relevant academic background e.g. psychology, pedagogy, community development, social sciences, international relations;
• Experience in working with local partners and preferably in our field of expertise;
• Experience in financial management (including management of multiple grants);
• Bilingual in English and Spanish;
• Strong problem solving and social skills;
• Proven affinity with War Child’s mandate.
• A challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits that includes free housing, good insurances (including health, travel and disability) and opportunities to develop and learn professionally.
Job Location: Bogota, Colombia
Contract: War Child Holland is looking for someone committed to invest at least 3 years in this position, starting with a 1 year contract with the intention to prolong
Starting date: as soon as possible
Colombia is a family duty station. The expatriate is allowed to bring a partner and children.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 9th of November 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and fill in our online questionnaire by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/89594
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.