Country Director, Thailand
Oxford HR have been retained as an executive search consultancy to appoint the new Country Director for World Animal Protection in Thailand.
World Animal Protection is an international non-profit organisation with a vision for a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended. It operates in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Running campaigns in order to protect animals from cruelty, exploitation and disasters, they believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution. As a change organisation they improve the lives of animals by making systemic change on a huge scale. Supported by their strong digital presence and influence in the media, they are mobilising millions of people to champion improved welfare for animals worldwide.
The Country Director will lead World Animal Protection’s activities in Thailand as part of building a global movement for sustainable animal protection at scale. This role will focus on delivery of the global strategy by ensuring that the local plans and activities reflect global objectives and that these are delivered efficiently and effectively, while meeting global functional commitments that have been made. Externally this role will be a champion for World Animal Protection’s global strategy, internally it will ensure that local insight, knowledge, opportunities and challenges inform our work.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Experience of working in Thailand and ideally a Thai national.
- A proactive self-starter who is results-oriented with a positive outlook with a focus on high quality and constant improvement.
- Strong strategic abilities with intellectual rigour and able to work well under pressure.
- Experience of senior level networking, developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and in representing an organisation to external stakeholders at all levels incl. media.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and manage teams to deliver results on time, within budget and to deadlines.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to communicate direction, motivate staff and gain commitment to action together with experience of building capacity of staff.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations that take account of long term benefits and risks.
- Able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately and think strategically.
- To have some expertise at a strategic level in fundraising and able to bring value in relation to one or more types of fundraising.
- Experienced in and comfortable working with complex budgets and handling processes that deliver information and reports to a range of internal stakeholders.
- A strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection.
- Minimum Degree level.
- Excellent level of communication skills in both English and Thai.