Country Funding Coordinator
Oxfam Great Britain is an International Humanitarian agency working in Tajikistan since 2001 addressing the Poverty issues in the region through an integrated intervention on livelihood security, public health, and disaster risk reduction by tackling problems associated with climate change, food security, water, sanitation, disaster preparedness, health and hygiene for poor people. Oxfam GB is looking for competent professionals to fill the following vacant position:
COUNTRY FUNDING COORDINATOR
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for development and implementation of fundraising strategy and activities;
· Managing existing significant processes.
· Support to management of multi sectoral projects at unit/sub-unit level.
· Matrix management of staff and/or volunteers.
· Management of limited expenditure budget.
· Resolve diverse problems with impact in defined area.
· Problems are not repetitive, but not totally novel.
· Recommending changes to processes.
· Collate information from a wide range of well-defined sources.
· Specific technical/professional knowledge of their area from formal training and/or work experience.
· Plans work up to one year ahead.
· Frequent internal/external negotiation
Fund Strategy Development
· Maintain strategic leadership for programme funding in Tajikistan
· Focal point for Oxfam International funding communications and negotiations (case by case basis)
· Upgrade and execute a country programme funding strategy in line with Oxfam Country Strategy for the next 5 years, including management of the country funding grid.
· Contribute and participate in programme strategy development processes.
· Support proposal development processes with programme teams using established protocols.
· Ensure country funding strategy is in line with Oxfam regional priorities and strategies.
· Ensure that in-country funding related activities, emphasizing donor approaches, are coordinated with the regional and/or headquarters programme funding teams.
· Ensure strong integration with Asia Regional Centre and Headquarters for donor mapping, strategy development, opportunity analyses and contract management (where necessary and applicable).
. Assist country teams in planning, coordinating and developing high quality concept papers, programme proposals and budgets which are successful in getting funded by a variety donor agencies (e.g. logframe training/ facilitation, writing programme plans in donor formats, advising on donor interests and guidelines);
· Understand the needs, approaches and strategy of the country programmes to identify donor possibilities and synergies with other programmes for further development.
· Develop relationships and funding possibilities with donors and partners (private, non traditional, multi lateral, Banks etc)
· Support the CD and programme teams to ensure contract management of donor funds by providing strategic managerial advice on issues where necessary
· Support team in negotiations with donors on contract management, where necessary.
· Provide training and induction to programme staff on project cycle management, donor requirements, Oxfam's internal procedures in relation to donors and other related issues.
· Make regular country programme visits, particularly to explore new funding opportunities, to support the development of proposals and establishment of new contracts.
Research, mapping and analysis.
· Research and map existing and new donor prospects;
· Research, identify and create new and innovative fundraising opportunities to raise funds for development and humanitarian programmes in MEEECIS region in line with agreed annual targets.
· Contributes to the development and implementation of the overall Regional Financing Strategy to maximise income.
· Supporting personal and career development of direct/matrix reports
· Ensuring a secure, safe and healthy working environment.
· Develop and ensure capacity building for an effective transition of that role to a national candidate.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
· Relevant experience in fundraising from institutional and multilateral donors in particular from DFID, European Commission, Europe and others in USA and Canada (E)
· Experience in raising funds from Corporations and/or large trusts and foundations nontraditional donors (D)
· Experience in complex programmatic approaches, ability to absorb approaches quickly and deliver in accordance to strategic focus (E)
· Ability to work effectively with others influencing, supporting, following as required in order to achieve fundraising targets
· In depth understanding of the political context of major donors and their policies (E)
· Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising (E)
· Ability to produce clear and timely written proposals and reports for donors
· Strong project management skills and experience and ability to contribute to unit and cross-departmental projects
· Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions (E)
· Good numeracy and financial skills (E)
· Gender knowledge and cultural sensitivity with a strong commitment and understanding of the values and principles of Oxfam (E)
· Problem-solving skills on diverse, non-routine problems (E).
· Effective people management where applicable and able to motivate others (E).
· Influencing/negotiating skills with peers and external contacts (e.g. donors) (E).
· Willingness and ability to travel within Tajikistan
· Good communication skills, written and verbal, fluency in English (E)
· Knowledge of Russian and/or Tajik (D)
· Experience of working in a multicultural environment (D)
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.