Democracy and Governance Staff Associate / Associate - Deputy Project Manager
Tetra Tech ARD (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Democracy and Governance (DG) Sector team at the Staff Associate or Associate Level. The Deputy Project Manager (DPM) is a project management specialist who will be focusing on Afghanistan programming, in particular, USAID’s Women’s Leadership Development Project.
Candidates should have prior experience with project management, new business development, and providing technical assistance in either non-profit and/or for-profit international development. The successful candidate will be assigned DG project management responsibilities (as a Deputy Project Manager for the Women’s Leadership Development Project), business development, and providing billable technical assistance duties by the Sector Director. Applicants should be willing to travel to Afghanistan (and other countries connected with Tt Projects around the world, as required) up to 35% of the year, and should be able to take on assignments that may involve several months away from home.
The position will be based in in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
- Backstop all aspects of the DG Sector’s Women’s Leadership Development Project (or other projects as determined by the Sector Director), including coordination with Home Office staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
- Collaborate in all aspects of proposal preparation, including managing, recruiting, drafting of sections, conducting scoping visits, teaming, and budgeting;
- Conduct general market analysis in the Democracy and Governance sector, and analyzes and tracks specific USAID and other donor opportunities by networking with industry colleagues, monitoring websites, Congressional Budget Justification, AID/Washington and Mission Business Forecasts, among others;
- Assume responsibility for understanding proposal and project processes and procedures by taking required in-house training on proposals, and capturing that training in his/her annual performance evaluation;
- Participate in general marketing activities and new business development for both Tetra Tech ARD and the DG Sector;
- Work with the Sector Director to plan and execute quarterly new business meetings for the sector;
- Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments, or in a home office advisory capacity; and
- Assist in non-Tetra Tech ARD proposal support through links with other Tetra Tech business units.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree strongly preferred) in a sector-specific technical discipline;
- At least three years of experience managing USAID projects in developing countries required;
- Familiarity with USAID FORWARD, DRG Strategy, and emerging trends in governance and democracy development;
- One to three years of relevant experience in a developing country is preferred: service in volunteer programs such as Peace Corps may be considered;
- High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Strong oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences;
- Demonstrated strengths in multitasking and teamwork across hierarchies;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
- Fluency in English and speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language is required;
- Ability to conduct frequent short-term international fieldwork in post conflict and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
Apply on line at: http://bit.ly/2Ex25NZ
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
- A current resume in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- A writing sample of sole authorship, maximum of 10 pages in length.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability