About Water Witness International
Water Witness International works for a water-secure world where all people have reliable access to the water they need to thrive, and are protected against pollution, flooding, drought and water conflict. We investigate, innovate and influence at local, national and global scales to tackle the root causes of unsustainable and inequitable water management. Since our foundation in 2009, we have grown to become an influential and respected NGO working at the cutting edge of natural resource governance and social justice. With our trusted partners, we have innovated across three workstreams: Helping vulnerable communities; driving water stewardship and improving governance and aid.
This is a new, senior and influential position within a people-focused and dynamic NGO, which will place the successful applicant at the heart of the global struggle for an equitable and more sustainable future.
WWI are seeking a high calibre candidate with a broad range of experience across international development, programme management and organisational leadership. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring impact, value-for-money and high integrity across all our operations (currently Tanzania and Malawi); effective management and development of our team of 12 staff; budget planning, oversight and donor reporting; external relations, partnership development and fundraising; and will work closely with the Director, the Trustees and team to shape future strategy and programmes.
The Deputy Director will be based in our Edinburgh Headquarters but will be required to visit our programmes in Malawi and Tanzania, and represent us globally, as required. We are looking for someone who has exceptional organisational, financial management and team leadership skills, with the experience, vision and confidence to steer our future growth and to help our young team fulfill its potential. The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with partner organisations in Africa, and to ensure joint ownership and high-quality delivery of complex programmes with them will be especially valuable.
Experience and qualifications:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant field (International Development, Management, Sciences).
- Demonstrable flare in programme design and management and leadership of diverse and dispersed teams.
- Considerable experience and confidence in the planning, administration, tracking and reporting of budgets, including in multiple currencies
- A very strong track record in monitoring, evaluation, learning and donor reporting.
- A proven team player, able to mentor, delegate and collaborate within a multi-cultural team to deliver positive change for vulnerable communities.
- Track record in effective concurrent management of multiple programmes and initiatives.
Skills and attributes
- A strong communicator, both as a speaker and author, with a high degree of competence in using IT tools, platforms to support efficient delivery
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Must have advanced skills in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and accounting software
- Ability to lead teams and deliver impact in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Highest levels of professional and ethical conduct.
- Proven ability to think, plan and act strategically, pro-actively and opportunistically.
- Must be dynamic, creative, and passionate about delivering positive change in the world.
- Familiarity with current concepts and approaches within international development.
For more information and to apply please go to: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/deputy-director/