Deputy Director, Campaigns
Campaigning is at the heart of how Oxfam achieves change for people living in poverty. Despite huge strides in the fight against poverty, barriers are still holding the world’s poorest people back. To give people a chance of beating poverty for good, we urgently need to work together to fight these injustices and that is where you come in…
We are looking for a Deputy Director to lead our Campaigns, Policy and Influencing team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing our major campaigns to reduce economic and gender inequality, defend humanitarian rights and secure decent working conditions for women and men living in poverty.
You will get the chance to nurture outstanding public campaigning in one of largest influencing teams in the UK charity sector and help shape our new approach to public engagement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with…
- Outstanding UK public campaign experience, with a track record of effective public engagement in campaigns
- Collaborative leadership skills and the ability to get alignment across multiple teams and interests
- Ability to apply analytical and creative skills to problem solving and decision making
- Exceptional people and programme management skills and substantial experience of managing large, multi-disciplinary, dispersed teams
- A proven track record in public policy-influencing work, and mature political judgement
- Extensive experience of developing influencing strategies and executing campaign plans
What can this role at Oxfam offer you?
- A chance to make a difference in our biggest public campaigning role
- An opportunity to work with a group of passionate people that are experts in their respective fields
- Significant exposure and communication with our leadership team and external senior stakeholders
- A competitive salary and an extensive range of additional employee benefits including; flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay and life assurance
Want to learn more?
Please watch our Director of Campaigns, Policy and Influencing, Matthew Spencer, as he gives an insight into Oxfam and what you’ll be doing as Deputy Director, Campaigns:
If this is you and you would like further details surrounding the role and where it fits in our organisation, please click on the Job Description and Company Organigram attachments provided,which can be found by clicking on the link provided. Whist you're there, why not also take a look at our Oxfam's Promise attachment for more details surrounding our employee benefits commitment?
Please note, the successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.